I started having itchy acne spots for a week in clusters with slightly raised and red skin. I am not sure if this is folliculitis or an acne condition. I had folliculitis a few times, and I was prescribed Flucloxacillin. And now I am prescribed three months of Doxycycline. I have attached the photos. So can you help me out with my problem?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Sudden onset of red raised bumps with itching may be associated with allergy. Did you have any fever or sore throat before the onset of the lesions? Do these bumps discharge a watery substance on scratching?
No, I do not have any fever or sore throat, and it is just very itchy. And a week ago, I had only one or two bumps, and now getting more and more. I used E45 cream, but it did not help.
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
You should do the following to relieve the symptoms-
1. You should apply Calamine lotion twice daily over the bumps and surrounding areas for two days.
2. Use a gentle cleanser to clean the area.
3. Wipe with a soft towel. Avoid rubbing this area.
4. Do not use any jewelry (sometimes there is an allergy to metals).
5. Look for the signs of pus build-up, e.g., if the red bumps start to turn yellow or it discharges any fluid.
6. Wash your hands while touching the area (to avoid secondary bacterial infections).
7. Follow-up after two days.
Was this answer helpful?|
.. checked your photos (attachments removed to protect patient identity). It is better you go for haircut and shave or trim beard. It may be due to folliculitis or fungal infection by the description. You can get it examined by a doctor or dermatol... Read fullMy allergy report taken for chronic cold reveals high IgE level. Is this a serious issue?
Why have I got these cracks at the side of my mouth? And which medicine can help me get away with these cracked lips... I face this problem regularly Read fullMy allergy does not subside with 10 mg Cetirizine. Should I take 20 mg?
Why have I got these cracks at the side of my mouth? And which medicine can help me get away with these cracked lips... I face this problem regularly Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dermatologist Now