Q. I have a pimple on my lip. What is the chance for it to be a cold sore?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 13, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 08, 2021

I have what looks like a pimple on my lip. I am worried it might be a cold sore. My partner and I never had this before, but I am afraid.

#

It is a normal acne. Do not worry about it. It will disappear in a few days. It is due to not maintaining proper hygiene on the face or due to hormonal changes in the body.

As you mentioned, you and your partner do not have, do not worry. Please apply Adapalene 0.1 % w/w ointment once a day before you go to bed for seven days.

Please tell me when do you have this? Do you any similar acne on the face or body? Do you get your periods regularly? Please answer so I can prescribe you further medicine accordingly.

I often get acne regularly. I regularly get my period. I also have to wear a face mask for eight hours for my job.

#

Then do not worry, it is acne only. Please apply the cream I prescribed for seven days and let me know afterward. And please keep yourself hydrated and eat a diet rich in vitamin A.

Apart from that everything is fine.

|