Q. My skin is oily with quite a lot of acne in chin area. What should I do to get rid of it?

Dr. Deepti Shukla
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 23, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 12, 2020

I am a teenager and I noticed that my face and hair typically gather quite a bit of oil and thus my face can develop quite a bit of acne. Is there any recommendations or a way to send a photo? Below my chin has quite a bit as well as the right side of my chin. These are my main areas with the occasional forehead whitehead. I use charcoal cleansing every morning and evening before bed.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology
#

I have gone through your history and photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

You have a few acne on the cheek and neck. But about the neck and chin lesions, these are not the only acne. As I noticed you have some kind of rashes also over these areas and as you mentioned these rashes are there for a long time? Did you have severe acne over these areas before? Do you have itching over the chin and neck area? Also, over the neck and chin area, bumps are bigger in size. Are these pimples hard to feel?

These questions will help me to provide you a satisfactory treatment. Kindly get back.

| 

My neck and chin used to have severe acne and I occasionally will get a small pimple that will go away. I believe it might have been rashes. These days my neck and chin are not very itchy, but when I wake up late or my face is really oily I notice I would get itchy. The bumps on my chin are a bit hard under the skin like it feels hard if you softly press it inward. They keep their shape.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatology Venereology
#

Hi ,

You have developed hypertrophic scars on the chin area. First, we will control the acne and oiliness.

Apply Tretinoin 0.025 % gel on face in a very small quantity. Do not apply around the eyes and mouth. Apply only at night for 10 days. Apply suscreen in the morning. And apply Nadifloxacin 1% gel on pimples twice daily for two weeks.

Follow up in seven days. If you feel burning sensation kindly get back immediately.

|