Q. Please help me through ayurveda to clear acne.

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on May 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2021

I am 21 years old. I have bad acne and acne scars. Also, my skin has become dark. Please help me through ayurveda.

#

• As you are 21 year old, the acne is mainly due to hormonal changes.
  • As far as scars are concerned do not peel or squeeze your acne. The scars which are already present can be lightened off.
  • For acne, try herbal things at home because the cause is very important. As your hormones will get balanced with age, the acne will start reducing.
  • Take turmeric and sandalwood powder and add rose water to it. Make a paste and apply this paste early in the morning. After 10 minutes wash it off gently with water and wipe your face with a soft cotton towel.
  • For scars, I suggest you apply Aloe vera gel on them twice a day. This will help in lighting them.
  • Use mild herbal face wash and do not use harsh soap for face. Avoid going directly in sunlight, apply sunscreen before going outside.
  • Avoid taking the stress, avoid excessive spicy and junk food, caffeinated drinks, etc.
  • Drink plenty of liquids and take fresh fruits and vegetables.
  • However if acne is due to some infection, then you need to visit a nearby dermatologist, otherwise hormonal related acne problem will settle down with time.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|