Q. Should I stop using Epiduo and stick to a simple cleanser or moisturizer for my acne?

Dr. B. Srinivas Goud

I have been using Epiduo for five months. I stopped the cream for three days, and my skin clustered with pimples. The next day, I started using Benzoyl Peroxide; and it has been four weeks since then, and my skin is not getting free from acne.

Should I stop using these harsh products and stick to a simple cleanser or moisturizer?

Kindly help.

#

Thanks for your query.

I looked at your pictures, and your skin looks oily (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). The first and most important advice for you is to enhance your cleansing routine. I suggest you cleanse your face more often to ensure that the dust particles do not settle in for a long time. Sudden storage of Epiduo cream (Adapalene and Benzoyl Peroxide) has caused a surge in acne, which happens quite usually.

I suggest you continue your enhanced cleansing routine. And also, I advise you to start doing periodic facial scrub and steam to open up the pores. Decrease your sugar and fat intake. Make sure to have a workout routine to burn out the calories.

Thanks for the reply.

I will stop using Benzoyl Peroxide completely and begin an enhanced cleansing routine involving steam, a better diet, exercise.

Is that enough?

Thanks.

#

Yes, an enhanced cleansing routine with diet modification and physical activity are sufficient. We can re-assess after a couple of weeks.

Please also check if you have dandruff.

|