iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologyacneI have discoloration, acne, and acne scarring on my overall face. Please suggest some treatment.

What is the treatment for acne, discoloration and acne scars on the face?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At June 10, 2022
Reviewed AtSeptember 19, 2023

Patient's Query

I have pimples that are going on and off. But for the last two months, they are not going away, and before, they were only like white pus-filled acne, but now I have reddish-brown colored bumps inside the skin with no heads. I also have discoloration and acne scarring on my overall face. In addition, my face becomes dry after washing and seems oily after an hour. Please suggest some treatment.

Please help.

You are suffering from nodulocystic acne. I suggest taking a capsule of Isotretinoin 30 mg once at night. Use Gel Revize micro (Tretinoin) 0.025 percent, once at night in a very small amount over the whole face and then wash. Use Venusia cream (moisturizer). Use La shield IR (sunscreen), which should be applied at 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM. Capsule Isotretinoin must be stopped before three months of pregnancy. You will get relieved in three to four weeks.

Kindly consult a specialist doctor, talk with them, and take medicines with their consent.

Thanks and regards.

Patient's Query

Thank you so much doctor.

I tried everything you suggested and it does worked for me. Now I only have one active acne at a time and sometimes zero. Now, I was wondering about scarring and I also have some back acne and scarring.

Please help.

Scar will also reduce with time to some extent. I would advise you to keep taking medicine and go for CBC, LFT once.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and regards.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dermatology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

acneskin discoloration

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dermatology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy