Q. I get popping acne on my back and belly part. Is this normal?

Dr. V Srikanth Reddy

I would just like to ask a solution or possible cause of the acne in my body on both the back and the belly part. It started last week when I noticed that a lot of acne is popping out my back and just three days ago a lot of it is showing on my belly part too. Just five days ago, the side of my lips showed a little red bump that hurts a lot but it healed really quickly (exactly 3 days) since I put some Vicks vapor rub to it. I have decided to use Cetaphil pro AD derma moisturizer on my body and also a Cetaphil body wash today. Since yesterday my skin in my hands is starting to tighten and painful. I am already 22 years old and been working as an online teacher for 8-10 hours a day for almost eight months. Is this acne normal or a symptom of something more?

I am also diagnosed with hyperthyroidism last year and taking Methimazole for almost three months. I stop the medication because my weight gained a lot unlike before. I think I am fine but recently, just a week ago I can feel my throat tightens up so I will take again the Methimazole today. Kindly reply.

Dr. V Srikanth Reddy

Dermatology Venereology
#

From the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is looking like acneiform eruptions.

Is it a sudden onset? Any itching? Are you using any protein powders? Do you have regular periods?

Ultrasound abdomen to rule out PCOD (polycystic ovary syndrome). Serum prolactin levels. Serum testosterone, LH (luteinizing hormone) and FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) levels.

Follow with a more clearer picture of face if you have any pimples. And also with reports of investigations.

| 

It is itching just like ordinary acne and it hurts when touched accidentally. And my right abdomen also hurts sometimes too. It is just like a needle prick, but it disappears after a minute.

Dr. V Srikanth Reddy

Dermatology Venereology
#

Then you can use Brevoxyl creamy wash (composition is benzoyl peroxide) 4%. Apply on back and chest during the shower for one month. Also, follow up once with investigation reports so that one can rule out PCOD.

|