Q. I have got acromioclavicular joint separation. Will I be able to do pull ups?

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel
Published on Mar 11, 2019

I just had my acromioclavicular joint separation (grade 2 or 3), AC ligament torn. I am ready to accept the recovery time. My question is can I do pull ups again in my life? Or any permanent disability may occur?

#

Sure the X-ray looks kind of AC joint separation due to the ligament injury. With the image, the injury looks between grade II or III. I will advise you to take the call for the MRI shoulder to focus on the AC joint. This will help us understand the extent of the ligament injury as from outside examining will be a little tough.

Once we get the MRI, we will be able to see the internal soft tissues including the ligaments and muscles. Post which your query of doing pull-up can be answered. But for now, do not do any movements of the shoulder and let all the healing to occur. Meantime, please take the MRI so we can judge the trauma to the fibers of the ligament.

Once we get hold of the MRI we can plan the exercise prescription if the ligament is not completely torn and in future can prepare you for the pull-ups. In case if found complete tear then can advise for the next course of action. I will wait for your response.

| 

From my MRI reports, how long will the cut on top of my knee take to heal?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a deep cut on the top of my knee, that is, a laceration. In the MRI, it says that there is a partial ACL tear, LCL sprain, and a longitudinal tear in the medial meniscus. I have 15 stitches on top of my knee. Currently, I am taking rest with braces on the knee. I have kept the kn...  Read Full »

Ask a Physiotherapist Now