Q. I have an itchy red rash on my face that seems to be spreading. Please help.

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Last night, I broke out in a red rash on my face. The rash burns and itches. It also appears to be spreading to other parts of the body when touched. I woke up and found it on new areas of my face. A first opinion I received last night told me it is an allergic reaction and that taking allergy medicines would suffice. However, I took Benadryl last night and it does not seem to be helping at all. Please help.

#

• You have got a mild urticarial reaction. You will have to observe what causes it. It is commonly precipitated by dust, medicine, spicy food, street food, or perfume.
  • It is not serious. Do not worry. I suggest the following:
  1. Tablet Levocetirizine 10 mg twice a day for seven days.
  2. Apply a moisturizer all over your body after a bath.
  3. Review after seven days.

Revert after seven days to a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thanks for replying. How do I get the Levocetirizine?

#

• It is available in the stores as Teczine 10 mg or Xyzal 10 mg.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|