Q. Please suggest homeopathy medicine for urticaria.

Answered by Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Acute Urticaria or Homeopathy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 30 year old male. Recently, I have been diagnosed with having urticaria (burning, itching sensations throughout the body from head to toe). It started out in an acute way but is turning out to be chronic. It has been more than two and a half months and I am still suffering from it. FYI, my blood test is very clean and good. PFA. In the past two months, I have been using Bepozic tablet twice or thrice a day on a dermatologist's advice, but all I observed is that medicine is just soothing me a bit from having any itches but is not fighting with the root cause of it. For that reason, I keep getting this burning itching sensation again and again if I stop taking the medicines and on the other hand, I do not want to run myself on medication for months and years. I researched a bit online and surprisingly, found out that allopathy has no perfect cure for it but homeopathy does. That is the reason I wanted to try homeopathy treatment this time. Here are my following questions:

I read that homeopathy treatment takes a while to cure. So, can I use these Bepozic (antihistamine) tablets twice a day, so that I do not have to worry about itching?

Is it safe to use homeopathy medicines with other generic medicines like Paracetamol, Cetirizine, Benadryl, etc.? I just want to be sure if I can take them along with homeopathy medicines, just in case I encounter any of those in the near future?

How long does this treatment take to cure, from your past experiences or consultations?