Q. Can adenomyosis be treated through ayurveda or siddha or naturopathy?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on May 16, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 30, 2019

My wife has adenomyosis and had treatment for it. She had a miscarriage in the fifth month of pregnancy before a year. Myomectomy was done for her and laparoscopic cerclage was done last month. She is now just in vitamin tablets. Can adenomyosis be treated in ayurveda or siddha or naturopathy?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

Adenomyosis can be treated through siddha medicine by the following therapy.

1. Navapashanam sudar thailam - Five drops daily morning and night after food.
  2. Aloes compounds tablet - Two tablet morning and two at night after food.
  3. Capsule Nandhi mezhugu - One capsule morning and one in the evening after food.

Continue the above drugs for three to six months. During menstrual days, all the above three drugs can be stopped. Once bleeding stopped, then it can be started again.

During the menstrual cycle, Malai vembadi thailam (or Kalingaathi thailam) - 15 mL in the morning around 6 AM to be consumed with milk. This may cause vomiting and diarrhea.

Only curd, curd rice, fruit juices and tender coconut water should be consumed on these days. This cleaning therapy should be taken for a total of three continuous days during the menstrual bleeding, During these days, she needs to take rest at home.

Within three consecutive cycles, most of the uterus becomes normal.

For further information consult a naturopathy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/naturopathy-specialist

Here doctor said that her right tube is damaged and left is normal and both ovaries are normal. Can you advice the chance of pregnancy? Also, she is now taking allopathy medicine post surgery like vitamins, calcium and thyroid tablet. Is it fine to start siddha medicines now? Will there be any side effects?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

#

You may wait for three months after surgery to start herbal medicines.

Since both the ovaries are normal, there must be a normal ovum production and ovulation. The right fallopian tube is damaged, hence the ovum released by the right ovary cannot be utilized for natural conception. But, left ovary ovum can be utilized for natural conception.

Every month one side of the ovary releases ovum. For example, in January the right ovary releases ovum, the next month (February), left ovary releases ovum and then in March, again right ovary releases ovum. It means ovum is released in each month by alternate ovary.

So, she gets the opportunity of getting natural conception only when the left ovary releases ovum and it happens in every alternate month. This can be confirmed by doing an ultrasonogram for follicle study and you can plan for natural conception accordingly.

Many times, siddha drugs relieve the blockage in the tubes and pregnancy was possible.

On the other hand, if you are going for assisted reproduction for conception, then the ovum can be collected from both right or left side. That is the last option you have.

So, do not worry about conception. Our worry is how to prepare her endometrium for proper maintenance of the fetus. Siddha drugs that I mentioned will be helpful in achieving all these.

Is there any cure for adenomyosis in Siddha?

Query: Hello doctor,Any cure for adenomyosis in Siddha? I am 37 and had two miscarriages and two ectopic. Only left tube is available and both the ovaries are normal. I am suffering from adenomyosis. Please advise Siddha medicine.  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Ovares Plus?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to conceive for the last four months. I have consulted my gynecologist and she found that I am having PCOS. She suggested me to take Ovares plus. Is it fine to take?  Read Full »

Will it be risky if I donate my eggs?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old and unmarried. I am a patient of PCOD. I also have a family history of breast cancer. My father's sister had breast cancer recently. I am in a very big financial crisis. So, one of my friends suggested me to donate eggs. Will it be risky if I donate my eggs only once...  Read Full »

Ask a Naturopathy Specialist Now