iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPsychiatryadhdI have symptoms of ADHD, and I am unable to concentrate on my studies. Please help.

How can a patient overcome the symptoms of ADHD and focus on his studies?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At March 26, 2023
Reviewed AtMarch 28, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am 17-year-old and I think I have ADHD. All the symptoms on the internet match my symptoms and I struggle to go to school. I have not tested for ADHD before, but, I had it since childhood. I was very hyperactive as a kid but after COVID, I became quiet. I find it very hard to concentrate on my studies. I have tried numerous study methods but nothing works because I have an attention span of like 10 minutes. Please help.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I read your query and can understand your concern.

Please do not make the internet your doctor. It will surely misguide you. You may have ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) but you do not have mentioned specific symptoms which can help me to diagnose it. You should try to follow the below lifestyle to deal with it, it will help you.

1. You should exercise daily for 30 to 45 minutes like at least going for a walk.

2. You should meditate for 20 minutes daily. Just sit in one place in a comfortable position and try to concentrate on your normal breathing, do not stop or force yourself to stop your thoughts, just let them be. It will help you to relax and increase concentration.

3. You should eat healthy home-cooked foods, and avoid junk foods. You must also drink enough water.

4. You should spend time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, and learning new skills or language or musical instruments.

5. You should take 7 to 8 hours of sleep daily.

6. You must avoid tobacco or alcohol or any substance abuse.

If you still have symptoms that persist after following the advice for 4 to 6 weeks, then you need to consult your nearest psychiatrist.

I hope that you get your answer.

Please, let me know if you want some help.

Thank you.

Investigations to be done

1. CBC (complete blood count). 2. Thyroid profile. 3. Vitamin B12 and vitamin D3.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

lack of concentrationadhd

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy