Q. Will taking medication cure adult ADHD?

Dr. Parth Singh

I am just curious here. I fully believe I have adult ADHD, and being that I was diagnosed at 11 with it, would this help my case for medication with a psych?

#

Both adult and childhood ADHD needs to be treated with medicines. Three medicines are the first line drugs used to treat ADHD namely Methamphetamine (Adderal), Methylphenidate (Concerta) and Atomoxetine (Strattera). The former two drugs are more effective in treating hyperactivity symptoms while the third is more effective in impulsivity symptoms of ADHD. Another drug which has been used with great success in the past is an alpha-2 agonist called Clonidine. It is also used in treating hypertension and urinary retention.

|