Q. Will taking medication cure adult ADHD?

Dr. Parth Singh
Published on Mar 10, 2019

I am just curious here. I fully believe I have adult ADHD, and being that I was diagnosed at 11 with it, would this help my case for medication with a psych?

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

Both adult and childhood ADHD needs to be treated with medicines. Three medicines are the first line drugs used to treat ADHD namely Methamphetamine (Adderal), Methylphenidate (Concerta) and Atomoxetine (Strattera). The former two drugs are more effective in treating hyperactivity symptoms while the third is more effective in impulsivity symptoms of ADHD. Another drug which has been used with great success in the past is an alpha-2 agonist called Clonidine. It is also used in treating hypertension and urinary retention.

Is it necessary to quit using meth if I found out I was pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I have secondary dysmenorrhea and have miscarried twice before finding out this time I was pregnant. I have been using meth now. I feel bad and think I am a horrible person. I want to wean off the drug, but part of me is wondering if I quit both times I found out, this time I still us...  Read Full >>

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All these drugs such as cocaine, alcohol, methamphetamine have their psychosocial side effect as well as harmful long-term effects on the body. They are just temporary anxiety relieving drugs, not only directly affect brain, bones, reproductive system, mental and phy...  Read Full

Article Overview: This article discusses ADHD, whether it is a real condition, features of ADHD, how to recognize and manage this common condition, and why ADHD should be treated. Read Article

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

I have met several people, including some doctors, who are skeptical about ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and question the sudden rise in the number of young people being diagnosed with this condition. I believe that ADHD has always been there, but previously, it was not well recogn...  Read Article