Adolescent Psychology

I am a 19-year-old introvert, and I like a girl that I cannot talk to. Please help.

Query: Hello, I am a 19-year-old boy, and I have a very difficult question. I like a girl of the same age, and I feel like she likes me too, but we do not communicate with each other much as we are in different schools. Also, considering that my family's economic status is not as good as hers, we do not k...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. Sometimes life is not the way we want it to be. But that does not mean that you have to be stuck. I suggest you work on yourself, find activities that excite you and do more things that you enjoy so that you feel good about y...  Read Full »

How to be motivated to achieve our goal?

Query: Hi doctor, I decided to change myself because I was a bad student. I struggle with getting things done. I plan to do stuff things beforehand. At first, I was able to do things and I felt excited while doing it. But when the time comes to do the tasks that I planned, I lack the motivation to do thin...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I congratulate you on your effort. Motivation is a tricky thing but can be learned. There are two types of motivation such as extrinsic and intrinsic motivation. Extrinsic motivation is when we are motivated to do something because of external influences. We try to do t...  Read Full »