Age-related Change

Aging is a physiological phenomenon bringing retrogressive physical changes in living beings. Such changes include decreased memory power, shrinking skin, weakened bones, cataract, reduced vision, greying hairs, diminishing hearing, loosening teeth, slowing metabolism, decreased sexual desire, stiffening blood vessels, etc. However, these can be managed to some extent by practicing a healthy lifestyle and keeping the parameters under control.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What is the reason for my mother's breathlessness and pain in the left arm, legs, and chest?

Query: Hello doctor, This is concerning my mother, who has been having pain in her left hand and leg at times. She also has pain in her chest and breathlessness. We were concerned about this and decided to take her to a doctor. An echo was done, and the doctor found some abnormalities in the report. Howeve...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Thanks for providing all the test reports. I have gone through the test results (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She has grade 1 diastolic dysfunction. I normally do not recommend treatment for grade 1 diastolic dysfunction, as it occurs normally due...  Read Full »

What are the physical changes that come with aging?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is around 60 years but she looks older than her age. The skin of her face and body is shrinking very fast. And, she feels sleepy whenever she sits up for a long period of ten minutes or more. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to At her age, cellular aging can speed up depending on her overall health. If she has any underlying chronic disease or if she has a deficiency of essential minerals and micronutrients, all these can speed up the aging process. However at her age, fatigue or excessive tired...  Read Full »

Are males more prone to forhead wrinkles than females?

Query: Hello doctor, Why do men get wrinkles in their foreheads with age? Is it more lifestyle or genetic? Is it possible to tell if it is more than the other? Are men more or less likely to get forehead wrinkles compared to women? Why or why not? What can men do to prevent forehead wrinkles? Is there an...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia Anjum

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Forehead Wrinkles are signs of aging process. Men get wrinkles due to decrease formation of new collagen and destruction of already existing collagen and elastin proteins in our skin. Wrinkles can be inherited if one gets it early but in majority people, they become...  Read Full »

How to find the reason for my mother-in-law's waist pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother-in-law is having difficulty in walking, climbing stairs and sitting. She is having pain in her waist for the last one month. She feels tired and helpless. She always wants to sleep. On some occasions, she becomes unconscious without any reason. When we checked her blood pressure...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Sudden episodes of loss of consciousness and sleepiness sounds like a medical problem. We know that her blood sugar is normal, so are her other blood results (attachment removed to protect patient identity).She is in her early 50s. She is currently taking treatment ...  Read Full »

The bone age test of my son showed his bones were six months to a year older than his actual age. Should his growth hormone levels be checked?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 13 years old and is a little over 5' 2". Last year, we had a blood test which showed normal. But the bone age test showed his bones were six months to a year older than his actual age. I am 5' 10.5" and my wife is 5' 8". Should we check his growth hormone levels?   Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. From what you have mentioned, according to the calculation of both parents, your son is expected to be taller likely 5’11.5”. Therefore his growth is above average. Besides, every child reaches puberty in their o...  Read Full »

My brain angiography report states that I have severe tortuosity of the innominate artery. Is it indicative of future vascular problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I went through my brain angiography report recently. It was mentioned in the report that multiple attempts were made to catheterize the innominate artery because of “severe tortuosity of the innominate artery.” What does this indicate? I am worried because my doctor never mentioned...  Read Full »

Dr. Varun Chaudhry

Answer: Hello,Welcome to innominate artery is the right common trunk which gives rise to your right arm (subclavian artery) and neck vessels (common carotid artery). The report (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) shows that this was difficult to cannulate because the path ...  Read Full »

What causes a ligament to push against upper artery causing pain?

Query: Hello doctor, What causes a ligament to push against upper artery causing pain?  Read Full »

Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode

Answer: Hello, Welcome to site are you talking about, and where do you get pain? What are your symptoms? Please explain in detail.In general, these are degenerative changes. This means due to aging; there is wear and tear of the ligaments leading to inflammation and enlargement. Also, ther...  Read Full »

What causes an elderly man to not be able to hold his urine?

Query: Hello doctor, My 76-year-old father had urinary infection last month with a high number of pus cells. The infection started with fever, shivering, and slight pain with urination. The doctor prescribed Oflox 200 mg twice a day. After that, he was also prescribed ultrasound scanning. In the scan, it s...  Read Full »

Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to This urgency and leak of urine are age-related. I can suggest him a medicine but it might cause some postvoid residual urine and more chance of infection. If the problem is very severe, only then give him the medicine. I suggest you take the tablet Soliten (Solifen...  Read Full »

How can I help my 61-year-old mother to prevent forgetfulness?

Query: Hi, My 61-year-old mother has started to show signs of forgetfulness. How can we help prevent the forgetfulness from proceeding further? Is there any medicine or any non-medicine techniques? She forgets things on the way she carries from the grocery store and remembers once she reaches home. She for...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. I recommend consulting with a neurologist for a physical examination and cognitive tests. Your mother may need a brain MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) coupled with other blood laboratory tests like complete blood coun...  Read Full »

What causes hip pain and stiffness in older women?

Query: Hi doctor, My 72-year-old mother had surgery on her right hip four months ago. I have enclosed the x-ray taken after surgery. The right hip is fine now. However, there is stiffness and pain in the left hip and also difficulty in walking. Kindly have a look at the x-ray and let me know the problem w...  Read Full »

Dr. Suman Saurabh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I am sorry to hear about your mother's problem, and I hope to help you. I have seen the x-ray (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity), and there appears to be arthritis of the left hip, and it will need replacement of the hip joint as this is the best...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.