Alcohol By Volume

Kindly suggest the recommended level of alcohol intake?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. Is it safe to consume alcohol in moderate level? What is the moderate level recommended? I am concerned about my health. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Drinking 1 to 2 drinks per day is recommended for men. Drinking one drink per day is recommended for women. It is the moderate level recommended for alcohol consumption.  Read Full »

I have anxiety and panic disorder. Can I drink occasionally?

Query: Hi doctor, I have anxiety and panic disorder for the past five years, for which I was taking antidepressants. I have stopped taking antidepressants for more than eight months as I started feeling well. I drink alcohol occasionally. Is there any chance of anxiety disorder relapsing? Can I drink occas...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you do not have any symptoms even after stopping the medicines eight months back. There is always a chance that panic disorder and anxiety relapse. So you have to be careful and watchful that if any previous symptoms reappear or any new symptoms arise, ...  Read Full »