Alcohol Drinking

Does yellow vomit after drinking alcohol a sign of liver damage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 44 years old. I consumed alcohol (whiskey) last Friday, about 20 ounces over 5 hours. I do not drink often. I had my dinner after taking alcohol. The next day morning I vomited, it was yellow and no food. An hour later, I vomited again, it was green and no food. I have no diarrh...  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You consumed a lot of alcohol, very close to the toxic level, and hence you have developed alcohol-induced gastritis. You cannot permanently damage your liver by binge drinking once. However, if you keep drinking frequently, you will develop fatty liver which later ...  Read Full »

Is red vomit after having red vine something serious?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 26 years old female. The day before yesterday night I drank alcohol for the first time. I had whiskey and my last drink was one glass of red wine. After coming back around half an hour later I felt sick and I puked. Now my worry is my vomit was red colored like there were not red s...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The red vomit is likely due to red wine only. Alcohol causes gastritis and vomiting, and you likely vomited red wine out. I guess you did not have abdominal pain. The bloody vomitus is brown in color rather than red. Was the color of vomitus matching with wine, if ye...  Read Full »

I have Turner syndrome and on Buspar and Zoloft. Will moderate alcohol cause any side effect?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old female. I have turners syndrome (xo chromosomes), which means I have thyroid issues (88 Synthroid dose ) but luckily no other major health concerns. I am on Acyclovir for HSV 2 and Buspar for anxiety (10mg 2x/ day) as well as Zoloft 100/ day. My question is about dr...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Alcohol intake over the long term has bad effects over the body. At present, there is no problem in moderate consumption, but if you would not make up your mind now to give up alcohol then your alcohol consumption will gradually increase, and it becomes tough to abst...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of consuming alcohol and Terbinafine together?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking Terbinafine for the last three months for my nail fungus. I just want to make sure that it is safe for me to drink alcohol now that I am off the pill. I plan on drinking a whole week (seven days) after I take my last pill. Will I be fine? How long after taking my la...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Actually, small traces of Terbinafine will stay in blood for few weeks. However, its initial half-life is 36 hours, after a week period, the level is significantly at a lower level. So you may safely drink alcohol. However, it is better to keep it at a moderate level...  Read Full »

Can Ursodeoxycholic acid, Evion and Metadoxine be taken as precaution in alcoholic?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 32 years old. I have been drinking for the last five years. LFT before six months showed normal and CT scan whole abdomen did 10 months back showed the liver is normal. Pancreas normal no gallstones but I have been drinking heavily these six months due to stress. Now I have stopped...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubin Dev Sharma

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to stop drinking as first which will lead to recovery. The body will naturally heal itself since your LFT and CT was normal. Regarding medicines, they have a limited role in such situations. Although there is no harm in the above medication for a couple of months...  Read Full »

If mother is alcoholic, are the damage happened to fetus due to FAS reversible?

Query: Hello doctor, I just found out that I am 9 weeks and 5 days pregnant and I have been drinking two standard glasses of wine a day, sometimes less but sometimes more. Twice I had a 50 ml shot of Gin. I will not drink again now. What are the chances my baby has FAS including facial defects? Will absta...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are regularly having alcohol, then yes, there are 10 to 15 percentage chances of having fetal alcohol syndrome. You should get NT scan done at 11 weeks 4 days. Start Folic Acid twice a day. After NT scan, take a decision whether to continue the pregnancy or not.  Read Full »

What can be done to treat alcoholic addiction?

Query: Hi doctor, My question is regarding my friend. She is an alcoholic. She drinks every single day and mostly when she is alone. She is drunk most of the time, in office, at home. She started drinking approximately two years back. She loves a guy from a different religion and is not allowed to marry h...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, you need to listen to your friend, her pain, her feelings. Most of the people just want someone to listen. They do not do it to know the solution of the problem but just to pour out the stress and internal conflict from their mind. After two to three sessions ...  Read Full »

Had Polyethylene glycol before 40 days and alcohol before 7 days. Will I get any adverse reaction?

Query: Hi doctor, I was given with Polyethylene glycol for 40 days before undergoing endoscopy and colonoscopy procedures. I had symptoms of edema and consumed 200 ml of alcohol before seven days. Can I have possible adverse reactions?  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please explain about the purpose for doing colonoscopy and endoscopy. Edema can occur due to many reasons. It can occur due to nutritional deficiency.  Read Full »

Why is my SGOT and SGPT raised after chickenpox?

Query: Hello doctor, I had chickenpox one month back and my SGOT is 178 and SGPT is 251 now. Elastography is 5.3 kPa, ANA is 13.74, IgG is 2145, serum ceruloplasmin is 24.90, hepatitis E antibody IgM is 0.09, bilirubin total is 0.40, bilirubin direct is 0.10 and no fever, urine white, no weakness, and the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Satyajit Jalinder Pawar

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Persistent elevation of liver enzymes can be due to many different causes. Drugs, viruses, autoimmune and alcohol can cause this picture. I would like to see the reports if possible. Also, I would like to know if you had done hepatitis B and hepatitis C testing. Als...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest the recommended level of alcohol intake?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. Is it safe to consume alcohol in moderate level? What is the moderate level recommended? I am concerned about my health. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Pillai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Drinking 1 to 2 drinks per day is recommended for men. Drinking one drink per day is recommended for women. It is the moderate level recommended for alcohol consumption.  Read Full »