Q. How to help my aunt overcome her drinking and tobacco addiction?

Dr. J N Naidu

My 45-year-old aunt was doing good a few years back. However, now I find her drinking a lot in the afternoon and at night. I am trying to improve her condition. Also she is using some tobacco-like thing to stay in her mouth, and then she spits after some time, making her behave differently. How to make her overcome this? Will these things make her die soon? What lifestyle changes need to be followed? Kindly suggest a solution.

#

The first thing I suggest is she should stop smoking and drinking. Then, I suggest she eat a balanced diet with more boiled vegetables and fruits. Also, increase her physical activity. In addition, I suggest getting an LFT (liver function test) done to check her liver condition. I hope this has helped you.

|