Q. I have Turner syndrome and I drink moderately. Am I safe?

Dr. Divakara P
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 12, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 14, 2019

I am a 24-year-old female. I have turners syndrome (xo chromosomes), which means I have thyroid issues (88 Synthroid dose ) but luckily no other major health concerns. I am on Acyclovir for HSV 2 and Buspar for anxiety (10mg 2x/ day) as well as Zoloft 100/ day. My question is about drinking. On or off the mood medicines (which I have been on for nine months) should I abstain completely?

I want to know about my mood medicines and drinking, as moderate drinking may have potential health benefits, but I do not know if that is the case for me. He said the milky stuff on the engine cap might indicate a blown head gasket. I was low on coolant, and the hose was no good, so he is going to replace those and go from there. If it does not overheat again, the engine should still be fine.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

Alcohol intake over the long term has bad effects over the body. At present, there is no problem in moderate consumption, but if you would not make up your mind now to give up alcohol then your alcohol consumption will gradually increase, and it becomes tough to abstain from it a later stage. So I recommend you start giving up alcohol from now only.

Regarding mood medications, yes if you are making good progress, having a stable mood for more than three months, then you can think of reducing the mood medications (not stopping). You can start reducing Buspar (Buspirone) first but do this in consultation with your psychiatrist. I hope this information was useful for you. If you any clarification, feel free to ask.

Does excessive sweating occur due to alcohol withdrawal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36-year-old male. I was a daily drinker of hard alcohol for the past four years. I am in depression and anxiety. I consulted a doctor. The doctor gave me Zoloft and Propranolol. Before few days, I have removed a large ganglion cyst from my right wrist. I made a step to stop the ha...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your problem, and I can understand your concern. Yes, these symptoms are due to alcohol withdrawal. As you have stopped drinking alcohol, you can have these symptoms along with other symptoms such as tremor, palpitations, anxiety, and other severe wi...  Read Full

I am pregnant and I am adviced to do a prenatest. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 33-year-old woman. I am pregnant with my first baby in my 12 weeks. I had an appointment with my doctor two days ago, and she did an ultrasound to me, and she told me that th NT measure of the back neck of my fetus is 2.3 mm. She asked me to do a blood test called prenatest to be...  Read Full >>

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. When NT (nuchal translucency) is towards higher value than a baby is more likely having a problem. Now there are two prenatal tests which can be done at 12 weeks. Most commonly done is a double marker test. Currently, both are screening test, and we come to know whet...  Read Full

How can I increase my sperm count?

Query: Hello doctor, How to increase sperm count? I had a sperm examination test. The sperm count and mobility of sperm are very low.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have to rule out the underlying cause for low sperm count and motility. For that, you need to investigate further with serum testosterone estimation, serum prolactin estimation, USG testis to rule out varicocele, etc., like investigation as per need. Smoking and ...  Read Full

Ask an Endocrinologist Now