Q. I have Turner syndrome and I drink moderately. Am I safe?

Answered by
Dr. Divakara P
and medically reviewed by Dr.Nithila A
Published on Sep 12, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 14, 2019

Hello doctor,

I am a 24-year-old female. I have turners syndrome (xo chromosomes), which means I have thyroid issues (88 Synthroid dose ) but luckily no other major health concerns. I am on Acyclovir for HSV 2 and Buspar for anxiety (10mg 2x/ day) as well as Zoloft 100/ day. My question is about drinking. On or off the mood medicines (which I have been on for nine months) should I abstain completely?

I want to know about my mood medicines and drinking, as moderate drinking may have potential health benefits, but I do not know if that is the case for me. He said the milky stuff on the engine cap might indicate a blown head gasket. I was low on coolant, and the hose was no good, so he is going to replace those and go from there. If it does not overheat again, the engine should still be fine.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Alcohol intake over the long term has bad effects over the body. At present, there is no problem in moderate consumption, but if you would not make up your mind now to give up alcohol then your alcohol consumption will gradually increase, and it becomes tough to abstain from it a later stage. So I recommend you start giving up alcohol from now only.

Regarding mood medications, yes if you are making good progress, having a stable mood for more than three months, then you can think of reducing the mood medications (not stopping). You can start reducing Buspar (Buspirone) first but do this in consultation with your psychiatrist. I hope this information was useful for you. If you any clarification, feel free to ask.

Was this answer helpful?


Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Does excessive sweating occur due to alcohol withdrawal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36-year-old male. I was a daily drinker of hard alcohol for the past four years. I am in depression and anxiety. I consulted a doctor. The doctor gave me Zoloft and Propranolol. Before few days, I have removed a large ganglion cyst from my right wrist. I made a step to stop the ha...  Read Full »

I am pregnant and I am adviced to do a prenatest. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 33-year-old woman. I am pregnant with my first baby in my 12 weeks. I had an appointment with my doctor two days ago, and she did an ultrasound to me, and she told me that th NT measure of the back neck of my fetus is 2.3 mm. She asked me to do a blood test called prenatest to be...  Read Full »

How can I increase my sperm count?

Query: Hello doctor, How to increase sperm count? I had a sperm examination test. The sperm count and mobility of sperm are very low.  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Endocrinologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.