Alcohol Withdrawal

What are some of the health mistakes that people need to stop making, especially as they age?

Query: Hello doctor, What are some of the most significant health mistakes that people need to stop making, especially as they age?  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Drinking excessive alcohol. It can adversely affect liver and pancreas health. It may lead to problems like liver cirrhosis, diabetes, etc. in the future. 2. Smoking, it not only affects the lungs severely but also harms oral health, gut health, and also affects se...  Read Full »

What is Wellbutrin honeymoon period?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old with height 5'8", weight 120 kg, and married. I have been suffering from anxiety and depression for the past 12 years. One day I was driving to college and suddenly got a panic attack all of a sudden for the first time. I was really scared and thought I would die. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your problem and understand your concern. The doses of Wellbutrin (Bupropion) are towards higher side and dose of Seroxat CR (Paroxetine) is towards lower side, while benzodiazepine is also towards higher side, but it can be gradually tapered to lowe...  Read Full »

Are my weakness and confusion due to low sugar or stroke?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suddenly feeling faint, weak, shaking, confused, and as if moving in slow motion. It has been going on for nearly 24 hours. Is this low blood sugar or stroke?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be a sign of: Dehydration. Urinary tract infection. Excessive fatigue. Alcohol. Marijuana and other substances intoxication or withdrawal. Postictal state (seizure). Electrolyte disturbances. Others would also include infection of the cen...  Read Full »

Does excessive sweating occur due to alcohol withdrawal?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36-year-old male. I was a daily drinker of hard alcohol for the past four years. I am in depression and anxiety. I consulted a doctor. The doctor gave me Zoloft and Propranolol. Before few days, I have removed a large ganglion cyst from my right wrist. I made a step to stop the ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your problem, and I can understand your concern. Yes, these symptoms are due to alcohol withdrawal. As you have stopped drinking alcohol, you can have these symptoms along with other symptoms such as tremor, palpitations, anxiety, and other severe wi...  Read Full »

What causes a burning sensation in the right thigh near groin?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a low grade burning sensation in the upper thigh on the right side, near the groin. I have the same burning sensation in the left arm, below the shoulder to forearm. I have heaviness in my legs with a sharp pain in the feet. It got started after taking Ativan. This burning is pret...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are related to anxiety or peripheral neuropathy. I have reviewed all your tests, (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and they are perfectly normal. You have vitamin B12 level in a higher range, and it is not a problem. Coming to this point, I ...  Read Full »

Why is my brother weak after stopping alcohol?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother is suffering from extreme numbness and pain in soles and palms. He also experiences constipation, weight loss, dizziness and lack of appetite. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through the data you have posted. Weight loss and loss of appetite can be caused more commonly by fever. Did he have current or recent history of diabetes or hepatitis? We need to do some blood tests to diagnose the cause. You can take syrup Bayer's tonic,...  Read Full »

Can tactile hallucination occur due to alcohol abstinence?

Query: Hi doctor, I have schizophrenia for more than 25 years. I had Clozapine for 15 years and now I am on Aripiprazole. I stayed away from alcohol for eight years. Before six months, I had alcohol once. Now, I am having some tactile hallucination. Is it due to alcohol abstinence? Will it disappear?  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are abstinent for the last eight years, then tactile hallucinations are not due to alcohol intoxication or alcohol withdrawal. It means, it is due to your illness schizophrenia. Are you on any antipsychotic now? Revert back with the answer to the above q...  Read Full »

How to get rid of alcohol addiction?

Query: Hi doctor, I am just 22 years old. But, I have a severe alcohol addiction along with depression and anxiety. I am slowly recovering from the alcohol now and I am under a local addiction unit. However, due to past overdoses the psychiatrist is reluctant to prescribe me Baclofen, which is apparently ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anti-craving medicines are one part of the story. The possible reason why you might have failed could be the psychological aspects that have not been taken care of adequately. This is further evidenced by your overdose issues. I would strongly suggest you go for cognitive...  Read Full »

How to stay away from the habit of drinking alcohol?

Query: Hi doctor, I have severe depression following a bereavement. I started to drink, and it has been a couple of days now. I am terrified of stopping it. I am taking Maxitram and Fluoxetine 60 mg. I took Librium and Omeprazole before few days.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms associated with alcohol withdrawal are managed by Benzodiazepines such as Librium (Chlordiazepoxide) or Clonazepam or Lorazepam. Depending upon the severity of withdrawal symptoms, the doses can be adjusted, so that you will not have the feel of withdrawal ...  Read Full »

I consume a lot of alcohol and I want to overcome this. What should be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old married female. I have been suffering from anger and anxiety issues since last one year. I also did online counseling which benefitted me a lot. Now my anger and anxiety are under control. But during the time when my problem was at its peak, I developed a liking f...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashanth

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and appreciate you for realizing the problem and being motivated to quit. Counseling will help you along with the following. Relaxation exercise. When the temptation is at peak, drink juice or water full stomach. Divert your mind to other act...  Read Full »