Q. How to get relief from itchy eyes with mucus?

Dr. Ammar Zahid Malik

My eyes always itch and secrets some mucus. Using eye drops like Chloramphenicol also does not help. The itching is worst inside my eyelids. I am not taking any medication. Please suggest what I should do?

#

I understand your concern.

It seems like you are an atopic patient. Eye Allergy can occur separately, or in some patients, there is a history of other allergies like recurrent flu or itching on the body.

Allergy in atopic patients is caused by multiple allergens like wind, dust, sunlight, animal dander, pollens, or smoke. I suggest you to-

1. You must try to identify the causative allergen.

2. You must wear sunglasses whenever you go out in the sun.

3. You must not use carpets in your room because they can store dust and may trigger allergies.

4. I suggest you use Fluorometholone eye drops twice daily for ten days.

5. Also, use Tetrahydrozoline (Imidazoline) eye drops three times a day.

|