Common "Allergic Conjunctivitis" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Allergic Conjunctivitis

Allergic conjunctivitis refers to the inflammation of the eye (conjunctiva) caused due to an allergic reaction to environmental particles (pollen, dust, and pet dander). The symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis include itching, tearing, stinging, and burning sensation. Avoidance of exposure to allergens is the primary goal in treating allergic conjunctivitis. Avoid scrubbing of eyes as this can make the symptoms worse. Wearing glasses or goggles and washing the face and hair remove allergens from the surface of skin, hair, and eyes, and it prevents allergic exposure.