Q. I have a painful, itchy rash on my neck. How to cure that?

Dr. Chaitra Prakash
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 20, 2021

I have a terrible, painful and itching rash on my neck since 20 days. I have taken Benadryl, Claritin, Allegra and now Zyrtec with Fluocinonide ointment. Before that, I used Triamcinolone Acetonide and Cortizone-10 cream. Nothing is working. I had similar problem thrice before due to allergy to hair oil and eye makeup. I was just diagnosed with osteoporosis and two fractures in the middle spine.

#

• As I can see from the picture uploaded (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is some redness and there are few sores.
  • There might have been a contact dermatitis. You could find relief from using Cetaphil moisturizer and Mometasone and Fusidic acid cream twice a day.
  • Depending on the severity of itching, you could use antihistamine tablets. You could also give ice compresses to relieve pain. You may require antibiotics if pain is severe. Kindly consult your doctor for further evaluation and take treatment with consent.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|