Q. Noticed facial flushing and redness in the nose after putting on a lemon face mask. Is this rosacea?

I applied a mask of lemon juice and honey on my nose, cheeks, and front. After the mask, I used Biore pore strips on my nose. After that, I put a little Benzagel on a small area around the nose.

Three days later, I go to bed with a burning feeling on my face. I see the mirror and see that my nose, cheeks, and front are red, especially my nose. Since then, mainly, my nose and nose wings are red. During the daytime, this is not that bad. You have to look deeply to see the redness.

But for one week, every night at around 7 PM, I have a face flush, and my nose becomes intensely red for an hour or so. Mainly it has been 15 days that I have these things. The flush has been there every night for a week now. I am afraid to have rosacea.

I am a 32-year-old male. My skin is oily, and I had acne as a teen and still have a few zits here and there sometimes. But I never had redness before. What could it be?

#

Is the flush evanescent in nature or persistent? Any other symptoms like burning or itching? Looking forward to your response to help you.

The flush persists for one hour or so, then the next morning, my nose is back to normal. There is no burning or itching, but I do feel that my face is hot.

When I discovered that my face was red in the first days, it was itching and burning. But I applied a moisturizer night and day, and the itching went away.

#

Yes, it favors rosacea as allergic contact dermatitis due to mask would have been persistent. It is a very chronic and relapsing disorder.

I would advise you to use Soolantra gel (Ivermectin) daytime and Metronidazole gel at night. And if not relieved by topical medication, then you need to consider oral tetracycline.

Avoid triggers like stress, heat, hot beverages, chili, and others, which you have noticed.

| 

What are the treatment options for sudden knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, This morning I got sudden knee pain. Since then I am having difficulty walking or moving my knee. I did not get my knee hurt. Please suggest some solution.  Read Full »

Can I give two doses of Albendazole to my 1.5-month-old baby in a short interval?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 1 year 5 month old now. He was treated with Albid suspension for worm before two months. Again he has same symptoms of worm infection now. What can I do? Is it safe to give him Albid or other medicine for worm within short interval of two months? Please suggest.  Read Full »

I have multiple itchy lesions all over my body. What can they be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 72 years male, who weighs 66 kg and I am 166 cm tall. I have multiple itchy lesions all over my body which responses temporarily to oral steroids. RAST test showed I am allergic to dogs and cats. My dermatologist diagnosed it as type 3 hypersensitivity (IgG mediated), and I am no...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»