Q. What is the cause for itchy and sore red bumps under the ring on the skin?

Dr. B. Srinivas Goud

I have noticed red bumps under my ring this morning, which feel itchy and sore. I took off my ring after noticing them. This is the first time I have had such kind of red bumps.

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for your question. You have developed Allergic dermatitis because of wearing a ring. I suggest you stop wearing it for some time and you are likely to see the difference. I also suggest you start using topical cream Hydrocortisone (Purified water, Cetyl alcohol, Glycerine, Stearyl alcohol, Propylene glycol, Sodium lauryl sulphate, Cetyl palmitate,and Sorbic acid) that is available over-the-counter (OTC) to be applied to the affected area.

Kindly revert in case of further questions.

|