Allergic Pharyngitis

Can dryness and soreness of the throat be signs of thyroid problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old female. I am 5.3 feet tall and weight 165 lbs. I have been having problems inside my throat for the past six months. It is dry and hurts. Also, I keep touching the glands every time it bothers me. I have retested for allergies, and I take Claritin D and still have thes...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, it seems to be allergic pharyngitis. Pharyngitis is the inflammation of the back of the throat. It gets aggravated by exposure to allergens like cold, dust, pollens, and acid reflux. Make sure you do not have acid reflux as without treating the ref...  Read Full »

What is the reason for redness in the throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from a cough (usually at night) for ten months. I was feeling relaxed after taking tablet Montair FX (Montelukast) and vitamin C tablets. But whenever I missed the dose, I got cough the whole night. But from the last six months, the scenario has changed. I was feeling a co...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, you are suffering from allergic pharyngitis with DNS to the left. Allergic pharyngitis are an inflammation in the back of the throat. It is essential to know how it starts. In some people, it can just start following drinking cold water or some t...  Read Full »

Why am I getting throat irritation when I get exposed to pollution?

Query: Hi doctor,I have this sore throat like thing in my throat for the past 10 months. It is painless, remains the same, without any change, but bothering me a lot. I also have no problem with swallowing or breathing. I am 18 years old. I do have smoked, but I do not have a habit of smoking. The throat g...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of the throat you have sent does not show anything significantly abnormal. There are normal-sized tonsils, and there are some lymphatic tissue swellings in the pharynx, which are expected in people living in cit...  Read Full »

Why is my throat paining even after taking medicines for granular pharyngitis?

Query: Hii, Four weeks back, my mouth got dry and I felt pain in my throat.being a teacher,i feel throatache sometimes.I visited an ENT and he diagnosed tonsilar hypertrophy grade 1.there is ppw granulaes on my tongue.He presceibed medicines for it-pan 40 or mutli rab before meals, mucaine gel syrup 3 tim...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq, As per your history you are suffering from allergic pharyngitis. Tonsillar Hypertrophy grade 1 is normal you don't have to worry. Pharyngitis are inflammation of the back of throat. Some of the common causes of the pharyngitis includes : allergens, Laryngopharyngeal ref...  Read Full »

Can gastric problems result in cough, sore throat, and headaches?

Query: 1) I'm having cough & sore throat for many years. sometimes I cough after I wake up from sleep & sometimes I just start coughing randomly. My throat will be itchy sometimes, but no pain. 2) suddenly I get headache Star at the back of my head until my shoulder. I get this headache often. It just sta...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, There are two possibilities for the problem your having 1. A chronic gerd with lpr( gastroesophageal reflux with laryngopharngeal reflux). Basically over here acidic gastric contents have a faulty reflux into your throat and this can be the reason of feeling something stuck in your throat or j...  Read Full »

Why do I get mucus in throat and wet cough with no throat pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have mucus on my throat resulting in wet cough especially at wake up. I observed no pain on the throat, fever, and sneezing. I am not taking any medicine but I am regularly taking steam, ginger, or black tea. I getting relief only in the chest but not effective on the throat. Kindly...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are probably having what we call as allergic pharyngitis where you usually do not have classical allergic issues such as sneezing, watering from the nose, but only having mucus and phlegm formation in the throat which causes stickiness, irritation, and sometimes cou...  Read Full »

Can Cetirizine be taken every day for an allergic cough?

Query: I have a cough and the mucus is white. Every night i suffer this kind of situation. I have a background medical records and the doctor said that i was allergic to dust and cold beverages. But i dont think that i am allergic to dust because i dont have any symptoms of it. Every night i take cetir...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: You are probably having what we call as an allergic pharyngitis, avoid spicy oily and junk food altogether for a few days. Yes dust can be one reason why your nose/throat might be creating a lot of phelgm, sometimes even dust at home(as in when u vaccum or mop the floor or look into old stuff having...  Read Full »

Why am I having pharynx dryness for the past five months?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old, 180 cm, 83 kg. I am suffering from non-stop pharynx dryness (right behind the tongue) for past five months. I am drinking a lot of water, doing salt gargle, took GERD medication for one month, been tested for Sjögren syndrome. Nothing helped. I have noticed tha...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjeev Davey

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You probably have allergic chronic pharyngitis with air sensitivity.  Read Full »