Q. I have redness in the throat, and no medication is effective. Please help.

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I am suffering from a cough (usually at night) for ten months. I was feeling relaxed after taking tablet Montair FX (Montelukast) and vitamin C tablets. But whenever I missed the dose, I got cough the whole night. But from the last six months, the scenario has changed. I was feeling a common problem in my throat, and there was redness in the pharynx. It was also with the issue of cough. My ENT doctor told me that it is granular pharyngitis after Laparoscopy. CT scans were done, and she said I have DNS (deviated nasal septum) in the left nose. Since it is the tenth month, I am still not feeling well by the throat. My regular medication are as follows: Furamist (two times), Levocet 5 mg (in night), Sompraz D (two times).

Please help.

#

As per your history, you are suffering from allergic pharyngitis with DNS to the left. Allergic pharyngitis are an inflammation in the back of the throat. It is essential to know how it starts. In some people, it can just start following drinking cold water or some time just eating curd or sometime after exposure with cold and dust. You must avoid those things that make you feel discomfort in your throat. Also, it gets aggravated by smoke, alcohol, and in patients with laryngopharyngeal reflux.

• Do you have any nasal and sinus problems?
  • Do you smoke or drink?
  • Do you have any gastritis symptoms?

It can also be associated with allergic rhinitis. As now, you can continue the same medication as you are taking. However, instead of Levocetirizine 5 mg, I would suggest you take :

• Tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg with Montelukast 10 mg one tablet once daily at night for two weeks.
  • Do take steam inhalation two to three times a day.
  • Avoid hot and spicy food.
  • Keep your room dust-free.

I hope this will help you.

| 

My cough lasted only for a week and the doctor says it is tuberculosis.Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, There is parenchymal infiltrate on the right upper lobe of my lung. My doctor said that I have a ptb3, which looks like a serious stage of tuberculosis. I was shocked because I never had a cough since September. Before the month of September, my cough lasted only for a week and then su...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for deviated nasal septum and sinusitis?

Query: Hello doctor, My 23 years old daughter has been suffering from a blocked nose for the past three months. She took Sinarest and Cefixime antibiotics tablets, and Nasivion S drops. She has only temporary relief from nose block. So, we took a CT scan of PNS (paranasal sinuses) recently. Clinical findi...  Read Full »

What is the gurgling in my throat?

Query: Hi doctor,I am getting anxious about my health. I just wish you to look at a photo I have attached. It is a photo I got from the internet, which looks very similar to me. I have no other symptoms. I have always had the slight red marks, but have never noticed them. Please help.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»