Q. How to cure allergic rhinitis when having high TSH and hemoglobin level?

Answered by
Dr. Parth R Goswami
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2018

Hi doctor,

I am suffering from allergies rhinitis. My TSH level is high, and my hemoglobin level is high. How to cure it?

Dr. Parth R Goswami

Hematology Pathology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

For allergic rhinitis, you can take Fexofenadine for getting relief from congestion. If you have a repeated history of allergic rhinitis, then allergic testing can be done. An alteration in TSH can be seen due to inflammation. You have to redo your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) after the inflammation subsides.

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Additionally, your CBC (complete blood count) shows a high level of hemoglobin and high level of RBC (red blood cells) and HCT (hematocrit). So it can be secondary polycythemia. Sometimes, dehydration leads to these problems. For that, you need to maintain hydration and repeat CBC after one week. If still, if it remains high, then investigate with EPO (erythropoietin) estimation for further work up.

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Can herbal capsules be given with allopathic medicine for child with allergic rhinitis?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter aged 9 years has been suffering from allergic rhinitis for the last few years. During the winter season, cold and cough are very common for her. In the summer, she suffers from coughing and itching in the body. The problem is hereditary as my whole family members like my m...  Read Full »

Please advise non-surgical treatment for lumbar lordosis and disc dehydration.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a back pain which has made me stay in bed for two weeks. Now the pain has reduced but I have very limited movement, just to go to the bathroom but still, there is a pain when I want to stand up. I did the MRI test, the result was showing lumbar lordosis is decreased with scolio...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.