Q. How to cure allergic rhinitis when having high TSH and hemoglobin level?

Published on Oct 16, 2018

I am suffering from allergies rhinitis. My TSH level is high, and my hemoglobin level is high. How to cure it?

Hematology Pathology
#

For allergic rhinitis, you can take Fexofenadine for getting relief from congestion. If you have a repeated history of allergic rhinitis, then allergic testing can be done. An alteration in TSH can be seen due to inflammation. You have to redo your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) after the inflammation subsides.

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Additionally, your CBC (complete blood count) shows a high level of hemoglobin and high level of RBC (red blood cells) and HCT (hematocrit). So it can be secondary polycythemia. Sometimes, dehydration leads to these problems. For that, you need to maintain hydration and repeat CBC after one week. If still, if it remains high, then investigate with EPO (erythropoietin) estimation for further work up.

Can herbal capsules be given with allopathic medicine for child with allergic rhinitis?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter aged 9 years has been suffering from allergic rhinitis for the last few years. During the winter season, cold and cough are very common for her. In the summer, she suffers from coughing and itching in the body. The problem is hereditary as my whole family members like my m...  Read Full »

Please advise non-surgical treatment for lumbar lordosis and disc dehydration.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a back pain which has made me stay in bed for two weeks. Now the pain has reduced but I have very limited movement, just to go to the bathroom but still, there is a pain when I want to stand up. I did the MRI test, the result was showing lumbar lordosis is decreased with scolio...  Read Full »

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now