Q. Is it safe to take Levocetirizine daily?

Dr. Neeru Bharadwaj
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 27, 2019

I am suffering from allergy. I used to have runny nose, cough, difficulty in breathing when allergy increases and also occasional watery itchy eyes. I am not able to eat curd, citrus fruits and I cannot live in cold weather. Usually the allergy will start with sneezing, runny nose and then cough and difficulty in breathing and at last chest congestion. I feel better at noon and in hot weather. I also have eosinophilia. I am taking anti-allergic tablet Levocetirizine daily. Kindly help me.

#

• It seems that you have seasonal allergies may be due to dust, pollens, pets, etc. So, the best solution is to first find out the cause of allergy and to take preventive measures.
  • Cetirizine can be taken but only for short durations. Gradually stop Cetirizine.
  • You can take homeopathy medicine Kali Bich 30 potency (Kali bichromicum - Potassium dichromate). Take five drops in little water thrice daily. Take this medicine half an hour before meals.
  • You can use mask when you step out from home. Do more physical exercise and morning walk for inner strength and yoga. Follow the instructions and revert back after a month.

For further information consult a homeopathic physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/homeopathic-physician

| 

I have this allergy all round the year. I do not have any pets at home. When allergy increases it feels like asthma. I feel better outside and in noon.

#

| 
My 16 month baby has same issue of allergy, can he take this KALI BI 30. If yes how many drops
Also he has sleep problem, only sleeps 2-3 hours at night and cry .
Baby dr. was given Levocetrizine and phenergan which don't help a much and also afraid of side effects with those alopathic medicines.
# Hello
Please dont give same medicines of your diseases to the baby.
First give me complete history of the allergy the baby is suffering from.
Its attack timings and thirst, temperature,eating and drinking habits etc.
Then i will revert you accordingly.

| 
About baby:
Random cough, sneezing, runny nose and itchy eyes.
He sleep good at day time for 2-4 hours but at night he wakes up every 30 minutes. He sweat a lot while sleeping. Sometime when he wakes up his throat feels little chock like in cold weather. He drink less water. He like salty foods and breast milk. But still we have to force him to eat foods.
# Hello
I have reviewed the symptoms of the baby.
Please follow the following medicines
1.give homeopathic medicine Antimonium tart 30 potency.Give 5 drops in little water once every night.
Continue for 7 days only.
After then tell me the condition
Give steam to the baby at night before sleep.
Hope it helps

| 
3 days ago we stopped after given for 7 days.
While taking this drops he was better in cough, cold as well sleep but appetite was not much improved.
After stopping medicine its same again, wakeup every 30-45 minutes at night, not eating properly, lite cough & cold and lite breathing congestion at night.
# Hello
Please continue the same medicine as said but on alternate days for next 15 days.
The respiratory condition will improve and continue with steam at night.
For appetite give him
1 teaspoon of gripe water early morning and one tsp at night.
Give 1 teaspoon of LIV 52 syrup in little water in the evening.
Everything will be managed gradually.

| 
We have Liv52 drops at home.
Can we give that instead of syrup as you said, if yes how many drops for my 16 month baby.

My allergy does not subside with 10 mg Cetirizine. Should I take 20 mg?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking 10 mg Singulair and 10 mg Cetirizine for five years for allergies, asthma, and Lyme. I just got two more kittens, and the medicines do not work anymore. I am miserable and desperate. I asked my doctor to give me 20 mg of Cetirizine and something else because I think ...  Read Full »

Can allergic asthma turn into permanent asthma?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 29 years old now. I have allergic asthma for last 6 to 7 years but in very mild form (mild suffocation and coughing for 2 to 3 days, once in three months). It used to get triggered by an old house (old book or newspaper dust) or distemper and paints or orange flavored drinks. But s...  Read Full »

Why do I have a cold, congestion, and sore throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 60 year old male who is overweight. Other than being overweight, I am in relatively good health.  I am getting regular health checkup for every six months. Currently, I am taking Triamterene and HCTZ and Simvastatin 20 mg. Recently, I had cold, some respiratory discomfort, c...  Read Full »

Ask a Homeopathic Physician Now