Allergic Sinusitis

I have recurring nosebleeds for over two months now. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have recurring nose bleeds for two months. Before pandemics, I had a large blood clot of 5 to 6 inches. After a week, I saw a dry blood clot again about three inches. I took an X-ray before pandemics. The doctor told me it was sinusitis. Even after taking medications, I have the same...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are various reasons to have nose bleeding at your age. Accelerated hypertension is one of the causes. It is better to check your blood pressure every three hours. It can occur at any time suddenly. When the blood pressure shoots up, you start to have a torrential ...  Read Full »

Can a chronic sinus infection cause stuffy nose and headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I think that I may have a chronic sinus infection. Before four months, I wake up and blew my nose. I had a yellow or greenish mucus with blood in the morning. I did not have any other symptoms except tiredness. I took Advil and seawater nasal spray. It lasted for a couple of weeks. Aft...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a chronic allergic problem. Allergic rhinitis is an immune complex issue that is present innately and it starts to shows symptoms at a particular stage. It occurs when a foreign substance enters the nose. It causes a cascade of chemical events leading to na...  Read Full »

Why do I still feel pressure on top of my head after taking antibiotics for frontal sinusitis?

Query: Hi doctor, Before two weeks, I had a sinus infection and I have been prescribed Clavulin 1500 mg per day. At the end of the week, I was symptom-free. After stopping my medications, my symptoms came back and I developed a frontal sinus infection. I took Clavulin for three weeks at a higher dose an...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a severe allergic problem with associated sinusitis. I have tried to explain the cascade of events in a simple manner. Exposure to dust initiates the reflexes such as sneezing to remove the offending agent. If this fails, mucus cells in the nose sta...  Read Full »

What does elevated IgE level indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from cold for the last three years. I consulted an Ayurvedic doctor, and she advised me an allergy test and CBC, and the report was somewhat not good. My IgE result is 1157.00, and it should be below 64. Is there any serious problem?  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query regarding your cold for three years. As you had asked about allergy, here I would like to say that allergic cold has three cardinal features (watery nasal discharge, bouts of sneezing, and nasal obstruction of both side nasal cavity). Seco...  Read Full »

Can allergic rhinosinusitis occur without mucus production?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old male. Last month, I sneezed the whole day and produced a lot of clear mucus. Two days later, mucus dried up, but I felt pressure on my head and slightly swollen and painful lymph node on my right jaw. This persisted until today. What I could feel was no mucus, nas...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not panic. Your symptoms are completely away from cancer. You think you do not have mucus, but you may have a lot of collected mucus inside your sinuses. The mucus can be thick enough to be stuck into sinuses and could not be drained easily through the nose. You ...  Read Full »

Will oregano oil cause bacterial meningitis in ear?

Query: Hi doctor, I had clogged ears from sinus allergy congestion and my mom put a drop of oregano oil in my ear. It hurt horribly and was throbbing and burning my ear. I got my ear flushed out with water and got antibiotic drops. Could the oregano oil into my ear have caused permanent damage? Or caused...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before I answer your query I would like to give you a brief over view of the anatomy of our ear. Our ear consists of three main parts namely outer ear, middle ear, inner ear. The outer ear is separated from middle ear by our ear drum. That means that there is our ear dr...  Read Full »

Why does my head hurt when I blow my nose?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female. My height is 167 cm and weight is 53 kg. I have had headaches and pain in the eyes for the last two days. My nose has been blocked for about a week now and every time I blow my nose, my head hurts a lot. It also hurts when I shake my head.   Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. I believe you are suffering from sinusitis. The drainage from the bony sinuses is blocked due to blockage of the nose and this is causing a headache. I suggest you consult an ENT (ear, nose and throat specialist), who will recommend an X-r...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for redness, sensitivity, irritation of eye and one sided nose blockage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a problem in my left eye. I am often getting tears in my left eye, and it is causing banging pain in the left side of the head. A kind of headache starts beside my eyes, causing irritation, and feeling sensitivity for light. How can it be treated? What is the recomended me...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any redness or blurring of vision? Do you have a headache all the time or more when you wake up from sleep? Is there any family history of glaucoma? All the above details are necessary because you have not explained your headache or any kind of eye problem. ...  Read Full »

I am suffering from running nose and congestion. Kindly advise medicines and preventive measures.

Query: Hi doctor, Whenever I sit or lie under a fan or walk outside when it is windy, I suffer from running nose and nasal congestion. So, a few days back I did a CT scan PNS, and the report says there is predominant ethmoidal sinusitis and DNS deviated towards left. Kindly tell me how serious is my condi...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not a severe condition, and the surgery is not always required if there is a response to treatment. You appear to have two issues, one is allergic sinusitis, and another one is DNS (deviated nasal septum). Your predominant symptoms are likely due to allergic sinus...  Read Full »

I am having recurrent infections with negative allergy test. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20 year old female. I am not on any medication. I take probiotic, multivitamin, vitamin D, Cal-mag and omega supplements daily. I seem to have recurrent infections. In the last three years, I have had two strands of mononucleosis, pneumonia twice, ongoing sinus infections, recur...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, do not worry, your condition is not suggestive of those cancers. Regarding your ongoing sinusitis, it is an allergic sinusitis in all probabilities. An allergy test will not pick up all the allergies. So, it is not reliable in ruling out different allergies. ...  Read Full »