Allergic Sinusitis

Will oregano oil cause bacterial meningitis in ear?

Query: Hi doctor, I had clogged ears from sinus allergy congestion and my mom put a drop of oregano oil in my ear. It hurt horribly and was throbbing and burning my ear. I got my ear flushed out with water and got antibiotic drops. Could the oregano oil into my ear have caused permanent damage? Or caused...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before I answer your query I would like to give you a brief over view of the anatomy of our ear. Our ear consists of three main parts namely outer ear, middle ear, inner ear. The outer ear is separated from middle ear by our ear drum. That means that there is our ear dr...  Read Full »

Why does my head hurt when I blow my nose?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female. My height is 167 cm and weight is 53 kg. I have had headaches and pain in the eyes for the last two days. My nose has been blocked for about a week now and every time I blow my nose, my head hurts a lot. It also hurts when I shake my head.   Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. I believe you are suffering from sinusitis. The drainage from the bony sinuses is blocked due to blockage of the nose and this is causing a headache. I suggest you consult an ENT (ear, nose and throat specialist), who will recommend an X-r...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for redness, sensitivity, irritation of eye and one sided nose blockage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a problem in my left eye. I am often getting tears in my left eye, and it is causing banging pain in the left side of the head. A kind of headache starts beside my eyes, causing irritation, and feeling sensitivity for light. How can it be treated? What is the recomended me...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any redness or blurring of vision? Do you have a headache all the time or more when you wake up from sleep? Is there any family history of glaucoma? All the above details are necessary because you have not explained your headache or any kind of eye problem. ...  Read Full »

I am suffering from running nose and congestion. Kindly advise medicines and preventive measures.

Query: Hi doctor, Whenever I sit or lie under a fan or walk outside when it is windy, I suffer from running nose and nasal congestion. So, a few days back I did a CT scan PNS, and the report says there is predominant ethmoidal sinusitis and DNS deviated towards left. Kindly tell me how serious is my condi...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not a severe condition, and the surgery is not always required if there is a response to treatment. You appear to have two issues, one is allergic sinusitis, and another one is DNS (deviated nasal septum). Your predominant symptoms are likely due to allergic sinus...  Read Full »

I am having recurrent infections with negative allergy test. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20 year old female. I am not on any medication. I take probiotic, multivitamin, vitamin D, Cal-mag and omega supplements daily. I seem to have recurrent infections. In the last three years, I have had two strands of mononucleosis, pneumonia twice, ongoing sinus infections, recur...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, do not worry, your condition is not suggestive of those cancers. Regarding your ongoing sinusitis, it is an allergic sinusitis in all probabilities. An allergy test will not pick up all the allergies. So, it is not reliable in ruling out different allergies. ...  Read Full »

Why do I have allergic cold from a long time?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I have an allergic cold for the past three years. Please help me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have a cold for a long time, it can be chronic sinusitis or allergic inflammation of the upper respiratory tract. I suggest you investigate with AEC (absolute eosinophil count), allergic testing and PNS (paranasal sinus) X-ray for the further work up. For symptom...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest me a better and effective medicine for cold.

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from cold from the past two to three days. It includes sneezing, running nose, etc. The basic Cetirizine tablets never work for me. By the way, I do not have any chronic cold issues till now. It just pops up once in a while (once in three or four months) and I depend on C...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know few details regarding your symptoms. Do you have phlegm, which trickles down from your nasal cavity to throat or do you have a headache? This is to rule out sinusitis. Patients who suffer from sinusitis have recurrent episode of cold and stuffine...  Read Full »

I frequently have cold-like symptoms which are gone the next day. What is going on?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 17 year old male. I have been having some problems, like:sore throatnasal congestionpain in musclesclicking jointsThe problem is today I could feel sick like I have a cold and tomorrow I can feel normal like nothing happened. All the symptoms go away within a day and come within a d...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms, it seems like you suffer from post nasal drip frequently. It is commonly associated with sore throat and sinus congestion. When it occurs along with the symptoms you mentioned, it frequently points to allergies. For instance, recurrent exposure to...  Read Full »

I have repeated episodes of sore throat. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I have been suffering from repeated episodes of a sore throat that includes nasal obstruction and pain in the throat. I was diagnosed by the treating doctor to have a DNS for left (on the basis of a CT scan) and now granular pharyngitis has been added. The f...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please share your CT scan reports here? If you have sinusitis, you will have a recurrent throat infection. Do you have symptoms of allergy like excessive sneezing, watering of eyes or itching of the throat? Do you have excessive acidity or do you smoke ...  Read Full »

Dust and perfume make me cough. How can I get better?

Query: Hello doctor,Since many years, I am facing a sinusitis problem. When I catch the flu, it gets worse. This time, I caught the flu twice this month. The sinustis got worse and I visited a doctor who prescribed me with a course of Fexet, Klaricid, and Ventek. He said that I need to take Ventek for thr...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sinusitis will not get relieved by Montelukast tablet alone. We will need to evaluate you. Sinusitis can be due to various factors such as genetics, anatomy, allergy, pollution and much more. When there is chronic sinusitis, we investigate to find the cause and i...  Read Full »