Allergic Sinusitis

I have recurring nosebleeds for over two months now. Please help.

Query: I have reoccurring nosebleeds for over 2 months now, even before the pandemic. I had a large blood clot about 5-6 inches. A week or two after this instance I saw a dry blood clot again about 3 inches in length. When I had an xray before the pandemic, the doctor said it was sinusitis but after the me...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! We need to first ascertain the cause of the nasal bleed so that the problem is treated in a specific manner. There can be various reasons why your having nasal bleeds in your age group. 1. Accelerated hypertension is one cause which is often missed out - Its always better to get your blood pr...  Read Full »

Why do I still feel pressure on top of my head after taking antibiotics for frontal sinusitis?

Query: I had a sinus infection and was prescribed two weeks Clavulin for a total dose of 1500 mg per day . At the end of two weeks I was symptom-free - but the day after I finished the meds I got my symptoms back and developed frontal sinus infection. I went on Clavulin for three weeks at the highest...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! Apologies for the late reply! As you have rightly put it, the most probable problem out there is a severe allergic problem with an associated sinusitis (frontal sinusitis to be precise). I have tried to explain things in a very simple yet precise manner below. The cascade of events is explaine...  Read Full »

Can a chronic sinus infection cause stuffy nose and headaches?

Query: I think I may have chronic sinus infection. It started 4 months ago, one morning I woke up and blow up my nose with yellow/greenish mucus and blood. I was having it only in the morning. I didnt had any other symptoms except feeling tired. I took advil sinus and used seawater nasal spray. It lasted c...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Looks like your having a chronic allergic problem out there. Now there are certain things which have to be understood in detail. 1. Allergic rhinitis is an immune complex issue which is innately present and starts showing symptoms at one particular age. It basically is a hyper responsiveness t...  Read Full »

Will oregano oil cause bacterial meningitis in ear?

Query: Hi doctor, I had clogged ears from sinus allergy congestion and my mom put a drop of oregano oil in my ear. It hurt horribly and was throbbing and burning my ear. I got my ear flushed out with water and got antibiotic drops. Could the oregano oil into my ear have caused permanent damage? Or caused...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before I answer your query I would like to give you a brief over view of the anatomy of our ear. Our ear consists of three main parts namely outer ear, middle ear, inner ear. The outer ear is separated from middle ear by our ear drum. That means that there is our ear dr...  Read Full »

Why does my head hurt when I blow my nose?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female. My height is 167 cm and weight is 53 kg. I have had headaches and pain in the eyes for the last two days. My nose has been blocked for about a week now and every time I blow my nose, my head hurts a lot. It also hurts when I shake my head.   Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. I believe you are suffering from sinusitis. The drainage from the bony sinuses is blocked due to blockage of the nose and this is causing a headache. I suggest you consult an ENT (ear, nose and throat specialist), who will recommend an X-r...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for redness, sensitivity, irritation of eye and one sided nose blockage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a problem in my left eye. I am often getting tears in my left eye, and it is causing banging pain in the left side of the head. A kind of headache starts beside my eyes, causing irritation, and feeling sensitivity for light. How can it be treated? What is the recomended me...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any redness or blurring of vision? Do you have a headache all the time or more when you wake up from sleep? Is there any family history of glaucoma? All the above details are necessary because you have not explained your headache or any kind of eye problem. ...  Read Full »

I am suffering from running nose and congestion. Kindly advise medicines and preventive measures.

Query: Hi doctor, Whenever I sit or lie under a fan or walk outside when it is windy, I suffer from running nose and nasal congestion. So, a few days back I did a CT scan PNS, and the report says there is predominant ethmoidal sinusitis and DNS deviated towards left. Kindly tell me how serious is my condi...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not a severe condition, and the surgery is not always required if there is a response to treatment. You appear to have two issues, one is allergic sinusitis, and another one is DNS (deviated nasal septum). Your predominant symptoms are likely due to allergic sinus...  Read Full »

I am having recurrent infections with negative allergy test. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20 year old female. I am not on any medication. I take probiotic, multivitamin, vitamin D, Cal-mag and omega supplements daily. I seem to have recurrent infections. In the last three years, I have had two strands of mononucleosis, pneumonia twice, ongoing sinus infections, recur...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, do not worry, your condition is not suggestive of those cancers. Regarding your ongoing sinusitis, it is an allergic sinusitis in all probabilities. An allergy test will not pick up all the allergies. So, it is not reliable in ruling out different allergies. ...  Read Full »

Why do I have allergic cold from a long time?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I have an allergic cold for the past three years. Please help me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have a cold for a long time, it can be chronic sinusitis or allergic inflammation of the upper respiratory tract. I suggest you investigate with AEC (absolute eosinophil count), allergic testing and PNS (paranasal sinus) X-ray for the further work up. For symptom...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest me a better and effective medicine for cold.

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from cold from the past two to three days. It includes sneezing, running nose, etc. The basic Cetirizine tablets never work for me. By the way, I do not have any chronic cold issues till now. It just pops up once in a while (once in three or four months) and I depend on C...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know few details regarding your symptoms. Do you have phlegm, which trickles down from your nasal cavity to throat or do you have a headache? This is to rule out sinusitis. Patients who suffer from sinusitis have recurrent episode of cold and stuffine...  Read Full »