Q. What is the reason for continuous eye allergy and irritation?

Dr. N. Sathian
Published on Jul 10, 2016

I have eye allergy for the past 1.7 years. I have consulted many doctors. I am using steroid eye drops too, but my eye allergy is still present. My eye irritates when it contact with blowing air, perfumes, air conditioner, strong odors, when I get cold and sometimes suddenly without any exposure. Occasionally, it causes pain in the eyes and head. I do not know what caused this. What is the permanent solution for this? Is there any other alternate remedy for this? When I take Cetirizine my irritation subsides in 30 minutes. Please help.

Dr. N. Sathian

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• It seems to be a generalized allergy with sneezing, cold eye symptoms and headache which could be due to sinusitis, pharyngitis and allergic conjunctivitis.
  • This can be triggered either because of a drop in your anti-allergic immunity or any form of new exposure due to changes in your residential place or in your surrounding environment.
  • This allergy is seasonal and gets repeated either when your immunity is low or when your exposure to allergens is high.
  • You can treat yourself with anti-allergic drops or tablets and raise your anti-allergic immunity with a diet rich in Vitamin C and E.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Actually, when I get allergy, I feel some sensation like a worm inside. Once I take Cetirizine, it disappears in 15 to 20 minutes and my eye gets normal. Why?

Dr. N. Sathian

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• This is called gritty feeling (eye irritation) and usually caused by allergy.
  • It will settle on using tapered doses of medication after consulting an ophthalmologist at your place.

For further doubts consult an eye care ophthalmologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Amla - a Treasure of Vitamin C

Article Overview: Amla is the one of the most important medicinal plants in the traditional system of medicine. It contains the highest amount of vitamin C and has other nutrients as well. I have discussed the health benefits of amla in this article. Read Article

Dr. Durga Kumari
Nutritionist

The wonder fruit amla (Indian gooseberry) is highly valued by nutritionists and practitioners of indigenous medicine. This is scientifically known as Emblica officinalis or Phyllanthus emblica.  Amla has been held in high esteem in indigenous medicine. It is acidic, diuretic and laxa...  Read Article

I have a tiny clear bubble in my eye. Is this of concern?

Query: Hello doctor,On my left eye, on the corner, nearest my nose on the sclera there is a tiny clear bubble. I have has this for years and it does not bother me. On the conjunctiva, it appears also a little puffy but I have noticed on the lacrimal caruncle there seems to be a red little spot. My eyes are...  Read Full >>

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The clear bubble is kind of retention cyst which is completely harmless. Only trouble if it causes red eye or heaviness while eye movements. Which you are not having.Secondly, I have seen your ...  Read Full