Q. I have allergy and sinusitis so I cannot eat or drink cold items. Please help.

Dr. Ohams Henry

I am suffering from sinusitis and dust allergy. I cannot eat or drink cold items.

Dr. Ohams Henry

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Have you done the X-ray of the sinusitis? Sinusitis is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses which are like air pockets found within the cheeks, frontal part of the skull and inside the anterior skull bases. Obstruction to the draining channels of those sinuses lead to blockage and accumulation of secretions which becomes infected and the problem begins.

Or there can also be a congenital deficiency in the ciliary cells that beats to drain the secretions into the meatus. You will have to use antibiotics such as Augmentin, use Actifed tablet one tds. Also, you can use nasal drop to help open the ostium so that the mucus clogging it can go out. There is also a surgical procedure, e.g., antrostomy to drain out the maxillary antrum sinuses.

|