Q. I have allergy and sinusitis so I cannot eat or drink cold items. Please help.

Dr. Ohams Henry
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jun 16, 2019

I am suffering from sinusitis and dust allergy. I cannot eat or drink cold items.

Dr. Ohams Henry

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Have you done the X-ray of the sinusitis? Sinusitis is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses which are like air pockets found within the cheeks, frontal part of the skull and inside the anterior skull bases. Obstruction to the draining channels of those sinuses lead to blockage and accumulation of secretions which becomes infected and the problem begins.

Or there can also be a congenital deficiency in the ciliary cells that beats to drain the secretions into the meatus. You will have to use antibiotics such as Augmentin, use Actifed tablet one tds. Also, you can use nasal drop to help open the ostium so that the mucus clogging it can go out. There is also a surgical procedure, e.g., antrostomy to drain out the maxillary antrum sinuses.

I develop sinusitis and severe cough in winter.I also have hair fall problem.Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I have sinus issue and severe cough in winter season. I also have hair fall problem. Kindly advise.  Read Full »

Is Pantoprazole allergy something to be concerned about?

Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days...  Read Full »

I have sinusitis and feel like something is stuck in my neck. What can be done?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got chronic sinusitis diagnosed by ENT doctor. I am suffering from difficulties of swelling for months, feel like something is stuck in my neck like sputum or something else that is moving up and down, especially while eating or having flu. Do you think it is related to ENT or I h...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now