Q. I have allergy and sinusitis so I cannot eat or drink cold items. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Ohams Henry and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Allergy or Sinusitis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Dr. Ohams Henry
MEDICINE AND SURGERY., MEDICINE AND SURGERY
Family Physician, General Practitioner

Have you done the X-ray of the sinusitis? Sinusitis is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses which are like air pockets found within the cheeks, frontal part of the skull and inside the anterior skull bases. Obstruction to the draining channels of those sinuses lead to blockage and accumulation of secretions which becomes infected and the problem begins.

Or there can also be a congenital deficiency in the ciliary cells that beats to drain the secretions into the meatus. You will have to use antibiotics such as Augmentin, use Actifed tablet one tds. Also, you can use nasal drop to help open the ostium so that the mucus clogging it can go out. There is also a surgical procedure, e.g., antrostomy to drain out the maxillary antrum sinuses.

I develop sinusitis and severe cough in winter.I also have hair fall problem.Kindly advise.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I have sinus issue and severe cough in winter season. I also have hair fall problem. Kindly advise.  Read Full »
Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is important to get your sinuses and nose clinically examined for any conditions that might require treatment. Some people also develop allergy and this happens more often in the winter season. To make a diagnosis of possible allergy, a Complete Blood Count (C...  Read Full »

Is Pantoprazole allergy something to be concerned about?
Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days...  Read Full »
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but yes Pantoprazole allergy is a permanent condition that you will need to report to any doctor you visit before prescribing medications. Also, this allergy is nothing to worry about as long as you av...  Read Full »

I have sinusitis and feel like something is stuck in my neck. What can be done?
Query: Hi doctor, I have got chronic sinusitis diagnosed by ENT doctor. I am suffering from difficulties of swelling for months, feel like something is stuck in my neck like sputum or something else that is moving up and down, especially while eating or having flu. Do you think it is related to ENT or I h...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.In such a patient what we would do is a laryngoscopy. Just to rule out any growth or inflammation. Chronic sinusitis due to contact post nasal drip tends to cause reflux-related symptoms and globus feeling. Secondly, we need to check your hemoglobin status to rule out Pl...  Read Full »

Sepsis - Causes|Symptoms|Risk Factors|Diagnoses|Treatments|Prevention
Sepsis is a medical emergency, as it causes multiple organ failure. When the body's response to infection in the blood s...  Read more »
I have on and off acid reflux as well as mild dysphagia. Is this esophageal cancer?
Hello doctor,I am a 26-year-old male. I have been experiencing on and off acid reflux for a few weeks as well as mild dy...  Read more »
There is a hard lump under the nipple. I am afraid of breast cancer. How to proceed further?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old female. I found a quarter-sized hard nonmobile lump under my nipple a day ago. Is that an...  Read more »

Also Read Answers From