Q. My 94-year-old mother's hands and the skin above the eye are swollen. What is the cause?

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

My 94-year-old mother's hand is swollen, along with the skin above her eye. Her cheeks are reddish, but she has no pain. What is the cause and treatment of these symptoms?

#

Is she diabetic or hypertensive? Does she have any thyroid or liver or renal issues? Any drug history or drug allergies? Does she have a history of Atopy or allergies? Any history of injury or cardiovascular disease? Any surgical history? Please answer the questions for details.

Thank you for the response.

She is not diabetic. Blood pressure used to be high ten years ago. I have attached all the reports. She has no thyroid issues. Her liver and renal are fine given her age. She did not have any allergies before. She has a history of injury. She had a broken leg at the age of 80. No cardiovascular disease. No recent surgery. She had plates on her hip when her leg was broken. Also, please note that she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a year ago. Can any medicine be administered for the swelling and reddish skin?

#

Tablet Atenolol 10 mg once in a day after food at night for one month. Tablet Roxid (Roxithromycin) 150 mg twice daily after lunch and dinner for five days. Avoid stress. Practice Meditation. Syrup Cital (Disodium hydrogen citrate liquid) 3 ml twice daily for seven days.Tablet Sorbitrate (Isosorbide Dinitrate) if chest pain starts. Keep blood sugar levels under control. Monitor blood pressure regularly. Tablet Pan D (Pantoprazole and Domperidone) 40 mg (if gastrointestinal issues)before breakfast for five days.

Desonide cream twice daily for three weeks (in very small quantity).

Follow up after three weeks.

|