Q. Please tell the foods that can be used to fight or reduce spring allergies.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Aug 11, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2019

Seeking the specialist insight on foods and spring allergies.

What are some foods that can help fight or reduce the symptoms of spring allergies? What makes each of these foods effective? Are there any foods that might make spring allergies worse? How long do you have to be eating these foods on a regular basis for them to help?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

As per Ayurveda the Kapha that increases and accumulates during extreme winter is liquefied by the hot sunrays of spring season. This weakens the digestive fire causing various diseases. Hence, the aggravated Kapha is to be quickly pacified by various means. The aggravated Kapha can be pacified by induced medicated emesis, nasal drops.

Following precautions should be taken in spring season.

1. Intake of diet should be light and dry.

2. Need of regular exercise and massage.

3. Taking bath with lukewarm water with camphor, sandal, agar and saffron.

4. The culinary delights recommended in spring season are old barely, wheat, meat of those animals which residing in arid areas and honey.

5. Sleep during daytime and food times having sweet and sour and are of heavy.

6. Cold and unctuous properties are to be avoided in spring season.

Can exercise help premature ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old married male. I have premature ejaculation problem. What are the ways for me to overcome it? Will exercises or workout help in overcoming it? Can you suggest me ways to overcome it?  Read Full »

I had an allergy blood test and my specific allergy numbers range from 0 to 0.75 kU/L. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got results back from an allergy blood test. My specific allergy numbers ranged from 0 to 0.75 kU/L. My total IgE is 241 IU/mL. Does this total number indicate anything? Is the number high or low?  Read Full »

What exercise precautions are needed for someone who is not on blood thinners?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an accredited exercise physiologist currently working with a client who is taking blood thinners. Recently, the client will be going for oral surgery and has to stop taking the blood thinners five days in advance.  The client will be completing one last exercise session with me o...  Read Full »

Ask a Nutritionist Now