Allodynia

What is the cause for pain in healed red bumps?

Query: Hi doctor,My father was diagnosed with scabies before two months on his right arm. The red bumps got completely healed. But still, he has pain in his arm and has trouble in sleeping. He feels discomfort while wearing long sleeves. He consulted two doctors. One doctor told that it is scabies and the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shama Naaz

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After looking at the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that your father had herpes zoster before two months. He is experiencing a condition called post-herpetic neuralgia. It occurs when the patient takes inadequate treatment. The treatm...  Read Full »

Can allodynia cause slight pain when lightly touched by clothes or hand?

Query: Hi. A portion of my skin in my right leg feels sensitive or i feel a little pain when it is lightly touch by clothes or hand. I've started to feel the pain i think 3-5days now and it doesn't go away. I searched online to find what it is and i think it is similar to allodynia. Btw, i am not sure if ...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

General Surgeon, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello.... The hypersensitivity is caused by effect on the nerve due to any reason.... it may be from spinal cord to the region in leg ... problem anywhere can cause this kind of an issue... u need to get yourself evaluated clinically by a neurologist.... As the MRI is quite old you can not rely on...  Read Full »