Q. I noticed a tiny patch on my head that does not have any hair, and the skin is smooth. Why?

Dr. B T Priya

I am currently taking acne treatment. Today I went for a haircut, and I had noticed a tiny patch of my head that does not have any hair, and skin is smooth, and that patch does not have any roots. I do not know if this happened due to an acne scar or something like that, but I do not know if any big acne, pimple, or tumor existed in that spot.

Please look at the picture attached and kindly help me and let me know the medications which I can purchase in my country.

#

Yes, there is patchy hair loss. From the photographs (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), it looks like Alopecia areata.

If it was sudden hair loss, then the hair will regrow.

If any boils were there before, then hair would not grow.

You can try getting these ointments there in your country, and you can

Apply Tacrolimus 0.1% at night, Mometasone cream in the morning.

You can take Biotin supplements.

If your hair is not regrowing, then you can meet a doctor there.

Take care.

So, can Mometasone cream and Biotin be used? Also, is alopecia areta a curable one?

And also, I am not clear about this statement, you meant that if I had previously used Tacrolimus 0. 1% over that area for boils, then the hair would not grow.

#

Hair will not grow if you had boils before in the area due to scarring.

|