Q. What is the best treatment for male pattern baldness and thinning of hair?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I have thinning of hair and male pattern baldness. What can I do to prevent this and regrow my scalp hair?

#

I have gone through the photographs attached (attachments were removed to protect the patient's identity). It must be alopecia areata. There will be hair loss in patches. It can be treated with multiple medications, but most of them can be taken only with a prescription. I suggest the application of Minoxidil (Rogaine) 5% solution in the affected areas. Apply this lotion twice daily on the affected area and keep rubbing till it gets absorbed. It will show results only after two months. So you have to be patient.

|