Am I Pregnant

What are the chances of getting pregnant three days after periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a query. I had protected intercourse 3 days after my period got over. My partner was wearing condom. He ejaculated outside me. Can i get pregnant ? When will we get pregnancy symptoms? I have heard that we will conceive only when we are ovulating? please help  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Pregnancy is possible only when you have unprotected sexual intercourse around ovulation (from 5-6days before ovulation till a day after ovulation). In a woman with cycles of 28-30 days, ovulation normally occurs on 14/15th day of cycle (day of start of menses counted as day one). From your desc...  Read Full »

Can breast pain and cramps after sexual contact mean pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOS. I had my period a month back. My periods are mostly irregular and I usually have cramps in stomach and my breasts hurt before periods not every time though. I had oral sex with my fiance yesterday, he was wearing a condom throughout but he rubbed his genitals on my vagina...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Since you have taken the emergency pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of pregnancy. These symptoms could be because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken. So relax and do not worry. However, if you have a doubt then get back to me.For more ...  Read Full »

I am late on periods for three days this month. Could I be pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor,I have regular periods (27 to 28 days). But I am late for three days this month. I am trying to conceive, could I be pregnant? I did a test on the day my periods were due, it was negative. I repeated one today, it is negative (although I did not do it with the first pee). I do not have ...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is nice to hear that you are overdue and have been trying to conceive. Symptoms of pregnancy are different person to person. It is better to have serum beta hCG (blood pregnancy test) that will clearly describe your present status of pregnancy. Urine pregnancy test n...  Read Full »

Does I-pill make periods irregular?

Query: Good Evening, ~I took the pill on 7th of this monthi.e. 2 days after having sex (it was the first time though), i read somewhere that the symptoms persist for at least 7 days after taking the pill. During this time, i had severe itching which is now a lot better. it's almost gone. ~ I had a lot of...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Answer: hello. 1. As you have mentioned that you already have prolonged cycles of around two month then the best thing is to wait for your period for a week and if you don't get your periods by 20th then do a pregnancy test at home to rule out pregnancy . Since you had your last intercourse on 5 th it usua...  Read Full »

I had unprotected sex and have missed period. Am I pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor,I had an unprotected sex with my fiance a week ago and now I missed my period. I am scared that I will become pregnant and I do not want it now. Please help me to stop pregnancy. Please.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, please get a serum beta hCG test done to conclusively rule out or confirm pregnancy. If the hCG levels are more than 5mIU then you are pregnant else you are not. If positive then you may require to get an ultrasound pelvis done to confirm the location of pre...  Read Full »

I took I-pill and my period is skipped. Will I be pregnant now?

Query: Hi doctor, I had an unprotected sex twice for which I took I-pill within six hours twice in last two months with a 20 days gap. My period ended naturally last month. Due to I-pill, it got early periods and I had it again ten days later. But now my period is skipped. I should have got my periods 24t...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Emergency contraceptive pills are hormones will cause not only withdrawal bleed but also can delay or irregulate periods. Near suspected menses least likely fertile period and fewer chances of pregnancy. For safe side, you do have serum beta hCG (blood pregnancy test) immed...  Read Full »

There is brown spotting a week before periods. Is it a sign of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I took an I-pill after 48 hours of intercourse. Now I am experiencing brown spotting a week before my periods. Is it a sign of pregnancy?  Read Full »

Dr. Sree Gouri Sr

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you took an emergency contraceptive pill within 48 hours of intercourse, you can expect around 75 % protection towards pregnancy. The protection rate decreases with a delay in the intake of pill from intercourse. The spotting you had could be due to withdrawal effec...  Read Full »

My partner touched his penis and then fingered me. Can I be pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I had oral sex, and my partner ejaculated his sperms inside my mouth, and I sipped the sperm that came out. After that he touched his penis, then he grabbed my pants near my vagina twice. After that, he used the same fingers inside my vagina. It was my first time with the oral sex and fin...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In your case, there is a chance that semen might have entered into the vagina. As you have not done any sexual intercourse, there is less chance of getting pregnant. You have to rule out pregnancy by urine hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) test. You can do this test at...  Read Full »

Can rubbing penis on vagina on fifth day of period make me pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiance fingered and rubbed his dick on my vagina. There was no intercourse, no clue if there was semen or not on dick and fingers. I was on the fifth day of my periods. Bleeding stopped on the second day. I have a regular period cycle. Four days later I experienced white sticky muc...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Overall chances of pregnancy are less because it is considered safe period for 2 to 3 days after the period to have sex, but if ovulation occurred four days later, then there are some but again fewer chances of pregnancy. Usually, ovulation occurs on the 14th day of ...  Read Full »

Can unprotected sex after end of period lead to pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My periods were from 13 to 17th of this month. I had sex on 20th night with a condom but there was a time when it went inside me without a condom once for a second. I am wondering if that will result into pregnancy and if I should have a contraceptive pill. Also I was wondering if it was...  Read Full »

Dr. Ana Karen Pulido

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The days of your menstrual cycle start counting at day one of menstruation. So, you were on day 8 that night. Fertile days are considered from 11 to 16th in a regular menstrual cycle (this means you always have your period every 28 to 32 days). You have a very low proba...  Read Full »