Am I Pregnant

When can I expect my next period after taking emergency contraceptive?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex on the sixth day of cycle and took I-pill within 24 hours. I got some withdrawal bleeding after two days. When will I get my next period? Am I pregnant?  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. I-pill is an emergency contraceptive pill that is hormone-based. It has this effect of delaying period in certain females. The delay can be anywhere between seven to ten days. It could have been early also. So d...  Read Full »

Can I still be pregnant if I missed my period and the test is negative?

Query: Hi doctor, I have done a pregnancy test, and it is negative, but I did not get my period. The date was on 13th of this month, and it is already 17th.  Read Full »

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing to us. It is advisable to wait for one week before you do a pregnancy test to avoid a false report. Since you have mentioned your due was on the 13th of this month, please do the test on the 20th of this month. If you do not want to wait, then you ca...  Read Full »

What are the hormonal effects of I-pill?

Query: Hi doctor, I took I-pill on sixth day of my cycle. I was not sure of whether precum went inside or not. The hymen was intact. I noticed spotting after six days; on the first day of this week, I noticed slippery clear discharge, next few days were profuse. Now discharge amount has decreased but sti...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. As far as the pregnancy is concerned, the sperms have to be ejaculated inside the vagina of the female for getting pregnant. These sperms then need to fertilize an egg, which then needs to be implanted in the fe...  Read Full »

Can you miss a period and not necessarily be pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, My periods are irregular for the past five months. I had unprotected intercourse and then I took I-pill. After six days, I got normal bleeding for five days. Then I had protected sex. I did not get periods for 38 days after having protected sex. I checked serum beta Hcg levels and it was...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanya Dhingra

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I give you some advice regarding contraception first. Always remember to use a barrier like condom during intercourse. It not only prevents pregnancy but it also prevents STD (sexually transmitted disease). In case if you have unprotected inte...  Read Full »

Is it possible to get pregnant without ejaculation of sperms?

Query: Hi I'm 32 year old female. We (husband) did sexual intercourse but he never ejaculate his sperm inside. Now problem is that I didn't get my period this time and now it's 39 days after periods. Can I get pregnant even though he didn't ejaculate inside? I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms but I feel ...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: hi dear good morning I fully understand your concern and will surely help you see for getting pregnant the sperms have to be ejaculated inside the vagina of the female. these sperms are then required to fertilise an egg which then gets implanted in uterus of the female. now in your case although...  Read Full »

LMP was 20 days back. Could the nauseous feeling be due to pregnancy?

Query: Hello Sir/Mam, my age is 27yr. I am planning for a baby it's my first time that I m trying. so my LMP is 20 yesterday I was feeling nausea and gastric problem but today i have pain in my lower abdomen so is there any chances that I m conceived or not bcz my final exam also started so i m not able t...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: hi good evening I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. see for getting pregnant pls start with folic acid and multivitamins. keep track of your menstrual cycle and ovulation cycle. pls have alternate day intercourse during ovulation period. if you are already experiencing Pregn...  Read Full »

Can urine test detect pregnancy?

Query: I had unprotected sex on 3rd of this month, but my partner said he has not ejaculated inside me. I took ipill on 5th of this month and had brown discharge on 9th of the same month. I had my 2nd last period on 12th of last month and last period was on 12th of this month. Should I have my pregnancy te...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: hi dear good morning I fully understand your concern and will surely help you see although your partner claimed that he did not ejaculate inside you but there has been cases in which precum has also lead to pregnancy. good that you took emergency contraceptive pill . it has reduced your chances ...  Read Full »

I missed my period even after taking Meprate. What are the chances that I might be pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor,I have missed my period even after taking Meprate. It has been eight days now, what are the chances that I might be pregnant although I have not done penetration tests?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, did you have had emergency pill post intercourse? Was there any menstrual irregularities before this like delayed menses and all. If you have had an emergency pill, then the likelihood is very less as these are highly effective. In this situation, since you ha...  Read Full »

Can unprotected sex after four days of period lead to pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,I had unprotected sex after four days of the period this month. He did not ejaculate inside but I am not sure about pre-ejaculation. Within an hour after intercourse, I took unwanted 72 and I had bleeding for only one day. Is there a chance of pregnancy or not? Is it a withdrawal bleedi...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have taken the emergency pill within 72 hours of intercourse there is no chance of pregnancy. Yes, you had intercourse during your safe period, which is from day 1 to 10 of your period. Yes, the bleeding is withdrawal bleeding. There is nothing to worry about....  Read Full »

I have spotting with headache and dizziness. Can I be pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I have my cycle of normally 42 to 45 days. Last time, it was 55 days. This time on 47th day, I had spotting with headache, back pain, dizziness, low BP, and HR around 110 and BP around 70/100 pregnancy test are negative and it is seven days after we had unprotected sex. My question is, c...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your history, you are a 39 year old lady with a BMI of 28.4, having long cycles of 42 to 55 days. You had unprotected sex activity seven days back (do not know which day of the cycle you had activity) but on the 47th day of the cycle, you got spotting wi...  Read Full »