Am I Pregnant

How will OCP taken before 3 months be responsible for delayed period?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex last March but took emergency contraceptive afterward. Six days after, I had the bleeding associated with the emergency contraceptive. Two weeks after that, in the first week of April, I had my period for six days (my usual period lasts five to seven days). In Ma...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, as you had three episodes of menstrual bleed including the withdrawal bleed post-emergency contraceptive after you had intercourse in March, so it is unlikely that you would be pregnant due to your sexual encounter in March. As you have missed your menses n...  Read Full »

What is the chance of pregnancy with history of unprotected intercourse?

Query: Hi doctor, My last period was on April 28. It has been almost seven weeks and I still have not had my period yet. I had unprotected sex on May 24 thinking my ovulation day is over but I started getting very paranoid last week. So I took a pregnancy test on June 10th and it was negative. Then I took...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidyaprem

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. It is unlikely to be a pregnancy. However, get a serum beta HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) blood test to rule out pregnancy, as PT has some chances of false positivity and false negativity as it is weakly positive. The likely cause of the delay could be hormonal...  Read Full »

Why have I missed my period?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 (unmarried) and I have missed my periods on first two days and I suppose I might be pregnant (unplanned) as I am not having any symptoms of my monthly periods. Me and my fiance had a pullout in 6-10 seconds after he inserted the penis in vagina but there was just a pre-cum whi...  Read Full »

Dr. Sonal Prasad

Childbirth Educator, Lactation Counselor, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not get worried or panicked. Get a beta hCG test done. It is a blood test to confirm pregnancy. A value less than 5 means you are not pregnant. Even if it is positive, you do not need to worry. You can get it terminated by medicines (You will need to get ...  Read Full »

What are the chances of getting pregnant on the 10th of the cycle?

Query: Hello SIr, After finishing 1 pack of combination pill(21 Tablets) I forgot to start another pack on 8th day,So I started new pack from 10th day,We had intercourse in 10th day and I took ECP(Unwanted 72) after 42 hours of intercourse,Is thre any Chance of getting Pregnent?  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, How are you doing? Hope you & your loved ones are safe and healthy. From your history I can say that you have no chance of pregnancy at all. Points in favour of my saying so are - 1. Usually a lady's ovulation occurs 14 days prior to the period. So average of 13-18 th day of pe...  Read Full »

What does irregular period with tender breast, fatigue and mild cramps indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my last period on 15th April which lasted only for 15 hours (the due date was 19th but it came four days early). My partner and I had unprotected sex on 4th but he did not ejaculate inside. Since yesterday I feel tenderness in my breasts, a little fatigue and mild cramps in between...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from tenderness in your breast and little bit fatigue. Your last menstrual period was on 15th April which lasted for 15 hours and you had unprotected sexual intercourse on 4th. Usual...  Read Full »

How to confirm pregnancy with positive home pregnancy test and negative ultrasound result?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old. I have checked my pregnancy through Prega news in home after 48 days of my last periods. It shows two lines one dark pink and second light pink. I have checked two times but same results. I have done an ultrasound, but it does not show pregnancy in the report. Pleas...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read the description of your problem. There can be three explanations for this. 1. Either it is an evaporation line (if have you have checked it very late than the time mentioned to check on the kit which is a false positive result). 2. Or this could be a v...  Read Full »

What is the possibility of pregnancy when the HPT shows negative after a day I missed period?

Query: Hello doctor, I have missed my period for this month. Last month my date was 29th and my cycle is usually 28 to 30 days. I am married and I had tried for pregnancy during my ovulation days. Now, as soon as I missed my period I took the pregnancy test but it came out negative. I am having severe back...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidyaprem

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. It is unlikely to be a pregnancy as the card is negative. However, if you do not get your regular cycles even after one more week. Do check serum beta HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) blood test to rule out pregnancy, as some times false negatives can happen with ur...  Read Full »

Does Carbamazepine affect implant contraceptive?

Query: Hello doctor, I took Carbamazepine 200 mg for the first (and last) time, at the beginning of this year and stopped right after experiencing some side effects from it. A month later, I discovered that this actually interacts with contraceptive implants, which I have been on for one year. Looking ba...  Read Full »

Dr. Ateeqa

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Why did you take Carbamezepine? Do you have epilepsy?  Read Full »

I missed my period after unprotected intercourse. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Me and my fiance got into unprotected intercourse, it was 7 days after my ovulation date. Both intercourses were not completely done, but I doubt on one of the intercourse a pre-ejaculation went inside. Next day I took an Ipill, and my first period after that got delayed for 4 days, I...  Read Full »

Dr. Ateeqa

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please let me know few questions. When were your last periods? Have you had any sex after that? Are you practicing any methods to avoid pregnancy?  Read Full »

I have missed period after having sexual intercourse. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a teenager and I had sex for the first time 2 weeks ago and now I am worried that I might be pregnant. We used a condom but I am not on birth control or anything else. I have had irregular periods for some years now so I do not know if missing my period would be a sign of pregnan...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? For a young lady the only way to check for your chance of pregnancy is blood test. Lady can have a bleeding vaginally, when their hymen memberane rupture. Clinically we see bleeding, which can be mild spotting to heavy bleeding. As you mentioned that ...  Read Full »