Am I Pregnant

We had sex after 2 days of period and my partner did not get period still. Can she be pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, Two days after my partner's last period we had sex. I am sure that the sperm did not go inside. According to the last period schedule and as per 28 days cycle, she was expecting her periods by yesterday or today which has still not come. I have some queries. What are the chances of her ...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I do not see any chance of pregnancy. For any lady, ovulation will be around 12-16th day of the period. Life of egg is 24 hours and that of sperm is 72 hours. Since you had sex on day 7 of periods, there is no chance of sperm being alive till date. ...  Read Full »

I had sex six days after my last period and I missed my period this month. Am I pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20-year-old female. I am having some issues please help me. I had my period on the 2nd of last month and it lasted till 6th. I had sex with my partner on the 12th via withdrawal method. And this month I have been expecting my period since 3rd and till today I have not seen my peri...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Possibility of pregnancy cannot be ruled out at this moment since you had sex during your fertile period, you did not take any i-pill and withdrawal method has a significant failure rate. Multivitamins and grapes usually will not affect the periods and regarding symp...  Read Full »

I had sex three days after my period and missed my period. Am I pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I had sex with my partner last month, after the third day of my periods. There was no intercourse and also we used condoms. My period date was 2nd of this month but did not get my period. Then I consumed Primolut N for three days thrice daily. Today is the 8th day after the last dos...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you had sex on the third day of menses then there is no chance of pregnancy. Periods can be delayed due to stress. And even due to taking Primolut N. You need to wait for five more days. I think the period should come in these five days. Do not worry as the pregnancy...  Read Full »

Can emergency contraceptive pill be the cause for my delayed period?

Query: Hello doctor, I am one week late as of today for my menstrual period. Currently, my cycle is 38 days. I have been having protected sexual intercourse the past month, but just recently (Day 35) of my cycle, the condom of my partner leaked at the base. So I immediately took emergency contraceptive w...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are right, your period will come soon and that is most likely possibility. Your symptoms can be due to both pregnancy and/or hormones. Because in pregnancy there is increase in amount of hormones and you just take higher dose of hormones. And symptoms you ar...  Read Full »

Are pink to brown spots with cramps early signs of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, About a week ago I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, a day after that I took the morning after pill because he did ejaculate inside of me. I was ovulating during that time so I don't know if that could speed up the process since I took the pill about 14 hours after having the unp...  Read Full »

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reddish discharge you have mentioned is an after effect of morning-after pills. But I would like to hight light one point that the pills cannot damage an already fertilized egg. If your egg has already fertilized before taking the pills, it is not going to help....  Read Full »

Are tenderness in breast, light headedness and mood swings symptoms of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have my tubes tied. but in the last two months, I have been having all the symptoms of pregnancy but have spotted too. I have heard that in some women after a couple of years their tubes can come undone and get pregnant. I am not sure what I can do because my pelvis has been hurting...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your concern is pregnancy here, and you feel that tubal ligation may have failed then the best way to put your doubts to rest would be to undertake a serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotrophin) test now which is negative shall confirm that you are surely not pr...  Read Full »

Pregnancy test was negative. Why has it been 48 days since my last period?

Query: Hello doctor, My last period was 48 days before. Till now no period. Pregnancy kit tests are negative. I have completed Meprate 10 mg five days course. Still no period. What should I do? Please help. I am very stressed.  Read Full »

Dr. Prabha Ranjan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you should test your blood for Hb %, sugar (fasting and postprandial), and prolactin for better evaluation. For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologis...  Read Full »

Is there any possibility to get pregnant after taking morning-after pill?

Query: Hello doctor, I gave birth to my baby six weeks ago, and on the fifth week, I and my partner had unprotected sex. I took the morning-after pill, but because I did not get my period I was worried whether it worked or not. It is been a week and today my first period has started. Does that mean that ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After the delivery, it takes around six weeks for the body physically, hormonally to get back to non-pregnant level. I mean to say that the hormones which were very high during pregnancy will not allow ovulation to occur, that is why you do not get periods during pr...  Read Full »

Will HCG injection show false positive result in pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, How to confirm pregnancy? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get a urine pregnancy test done with an early morning urine sample to ensure that you are pregnant or not. However, if you have a doubt then get a blood test for pregnancy done. Do get back to me with reports so that I can guide you further.  Read Full »

Please check my blood test report and confirm my pregnancy.

Query: Hello doctor, Could you please check my blood test result? Does it confirm that I am pregnant? Could I know how many weeks? Do all the results look normal? Is there anything should I pay attention to? Do I need to do any additional blood tests or checks, such as for human chorionic gonadotropin and...  Read Full »

Dr. Sini P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1) From your reports, all blood reports are found to be healthy (but for platelet they have not mentioned the value due to clumped sample, but blood smear looks normal platelet, so that is taken as usual, for the value you can repeat it later). 2) Since your last pe...  Read Full »