Am I Pregnant

What are the chances of pregnancy through anal sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend. She took I-pill on the next day. She had her last period 20 days back and she told me that her expected period was a week later. She also had cramps in her abdomen and back. After that, she got her periods and it lasted for four days. In the midd...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepali Raina

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I-pill is high-dose progesterone. It can cause irregular cycles for a month or two. Anal sex will not lead to pregnancy. Precum has some or no sperms and there is only a theoretical chance of having a pregnancy with pre-cum. For your satisfaction, take a simple home...  Read Full »

My periods stop suddenly after having sex on the third day of my periods. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had sex on the third day of my period. I did not take any birth control pills. My periods stopped instantly. Can I have a chance to become pregnant?   Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and I will surely help you. If a girl has intercourse during periods, then there are rare or no chances to have pregnancy as there is no ovulation at that time. Even if her partner ejaculates inside, there are no chances for her to become p...  Read Full »

Why did I not get periods even after taking Meprate?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to know about the missed periods. I had sex two months back, and I got my periods after 12 days. I have not got my periods after that, and I consulted a physician. She recommended me Meprate 10 mg. I took Meprate for five days but have not got the period till today. For the first ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the description you provided, but specific details are missing and are required to identify the problem. Can you tell me from which date to which date did you take Meprate tablets, whether single daily or twice daily dosage? It usually may take up...  Read Full »

Did I miss my periods because of pregnancy or something else?

Query: Hi doctor, My last period was during the second week of last month. I had unprotected sex after three days of my period, and within 24 hours, I took the Unwanted 72 (Levonorgestrel) pill but now my period was due on the first week of this month, and it is already the second week, and I am six days ...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. Based on your ovulation and fertility window period, the chances of you getting pregnant are low. Also, you had the Unwanted 72 pill within 24 hours. That is a great thing you had done. The emergency contraceptiv...  Read Full »

Can MTP result in changes in the menstrual cycle?

Query: Hi doctor, I have PCOS for the past two years. I had an MTP five months back at 14 weeks due to some complications. I got periods after abortion which was heavy. It lasted for six days. I took a urine pregnancy test and it showed me a negative result. After few days, I had bleeding that lasted fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Ridhi Narang

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. After MTP (medical termination of pregnancy), irregular periods occur due to changes in hormone levels. You will not get your first periods on time. You have spotting due to changes in your periods. As you have PCOD (polycystic ovarian dis...  Read Full »

Why did I not get periods even after 40 days?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 24 years old. My periods were regular before marriage. I am married for one and a half years now. My periods were regular for the past three months, but this month it has been 40 days, and I have not got my periods yet. I tried a home pregnancy test, and it was negative. Is there a ch...  Read Full »

Dr. Sini P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the urine pregnancy test is negative, then there is no chance of pregnancy at present. This can be considered a delayed period due to stress, I-pill (Levonorgestrel), etc. You can wait for one more week for a regular period, or you can take tablet Duphaston (Dydroges...  Read Full »

Can periods be delayed on taking emergency contraceptive pills?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the 23rd day of her cycle with no ejaculation inside her. I gave her an Unwanted 72 within 12 hours. Despite all the protective measures (on 23rd-day i.e., safe period and no ejaculation and emergency contraception). Is there any chance of pregnancy? Also, sh...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully understand your concern. To be very truthful to you, to help you in the future for staying safe, I have the following to tell you:- Out of the three things mentioned by you, the only emergency contraceptive pill is the one that is known to prevent unplann...  Read Full »

What are the chances of getting pregnant on the 10th of the cycle?

Query: Hello doctor, After finishing one pack of combination pills (21 Tablets), I forgot to start another pack on the 8th day. So I started a new pack on the 10th day. We had intercourse on the 10th day, and I took ECP (Unwanted 72) after 42 hours of intercourse. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, I can say that you have no chance of pregnancy at all. Points in favor of my saying so are - 1. Usually, ovulation occurs 14 days prior to the period. So the average of 13 to 18 th day of the period is the highest chance for pregnancy. The life o...  Read Full »

Is bleeding after taking I-pill the regular menstrual bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old female. I had my periods on the 2nd of this month, then had unprotected sex on the 10th of this month, and took an I-pill on the same day. Since the 18th of this month (2 days), I have been bleeding but not so much as I do in my periods and had abdominal cramps too....  Read Full »

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mild bleeding or spotting after intake of I-pill is a side effect. This may be accompanied by abdominal cramps, bloating, and nausea, similar to symptoms seen during the menstrual cycle. Do not worry, and this will only occur during this cycle. Your regular periods w...  Read Full »

I was bleeding throughout my first pregnancy. Will I have the same complications for the second pregnancy also?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. Currently, I am not on any medications. Currently wondering if there is a chance I may be pregnant. With my daughter, I had bled throughout the pregnancy and had a premature birth. My period is usually quite regular, but this time I had light spotting at the beginn...  Read Full »

Dr. Manisha Auradkar Raghunath Auradkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Although in your previous pregnancy you experienced complications, it is not necessary that the same complications would be present in another one. If you have regular periods, then it is very less likely that you are pregnant. You can ...  Read Full »