Am I Pregnant

Can urine test detect pregnancy?

Query: I had unprotected sex on 3rd of this month, but my partner said he has not ejaculated inside me. I took ipill on 5th of this month and had brown discharge on 9th of the same month. I had my 2nd last period on 12th of last month and last period was on 12th of this month. Should I have my pregnancy te...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: hi dear good morning I fully understand your concern and will surely help you see although your partner claimed that he did not ejaculate inside you but there has been cases in which precum has also lead to pregnancy. good that you took emergency contraceptive pill . it has reduced your chances ...  Read Full »

I missed my period even after taking Meprate. What are the chances that I might be pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor,I have missed my period even after taking Meprate. It has been eight days now, what are the chances that I might be pregnant although I have not done penetration tests?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, did you have had emergency pill post intercourse? Was there any menstrual irregularities before this like delayed menses and all. If you have had an emergency pill, then the likelihood is very less as these are highly effective. In this situation, since you ha...  Read Full »

Can you miss a period and not necessarily be pregnant?

Query: My periods are irregular since 5 months. I had unprotected intercourse then i had taken ipill. After 6 days, I got a normal bleeding for 5 days. Then I had intercourse protected but even after 38 days i do not get my periods so i checked for serum beta hcg levels it was normal means negative so then...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanya Dhingra

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello. Greetings from icliniq. I understand your concern. Let me give you some advise regarding contraception first . Always remember to use a barrier like condom during intercourse as it not only prevents pregnancy but also prevents against STD’s. In case you have unprotected intercourse , ...  Read Full »

Can unprotected sex after four days of period lead to pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,I had unprotected sex after four days of the period this month. He did not ejaculate inside but I am not sure about pre-ejaculation. Within an hour after intercourse, I took unwanted 72 and I had bleeding for only one day. Is there a chance of pregnancy or not? Is it a withdrawal bleedi...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have taken the emergency pill within 72 hours of intercourse there is no chance of pregnancy. Yes, you had intercourse during your safe period, which is from day 1 to 10 of your period. Yes, the bleeding is withdrawal bleeding. There is nothing to worry about....  Read Full »

I have spotting with headache and dizziness. Can I be pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I have my cycle of normally 42 to 45 days. Last time, it was 55 days. This time on 47th day, I had spotting with headache, back pain, dizziness, low BP, and HR around 110 and BP around 70/100 pregnancy test are negative and it is seven days after we had unprotected sex. My question is, c...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your history, you are a 39 year old lady with a BMI of 28.4, having long cycles of 42 to 55 days. You had unprotected sex activity seven days back (do not know which day of the cycle you had activity) but on the 47th day of the cycle, you got spotting wi...  Read Full »

Can fingering cause pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old female and for the first time, my partner did fingering in my vagina. And it was on the next day when my periods ended. He is pretty sure that his fingers did not have any semen. Also, he rubbed his penis over my body with both our lower body parts covered with clot...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It was next day at the end of your period. So, the chance of pregnancy is nil on this day. Even if you had sex that day, you would not have got period. So, there is no need to take an i-pill. For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --...  Read Full »

Is there a way to confirm if the emergency contraceptive pill worked?

Query: Hey! I am an girl aged 24 . I had an unprotected sex.. The sperm Or the penis did not ejaculated in but the sperm was near the vagina but not inside.. I took the birth control pill (Levonogesteral pill) after 24 hours of having sex.. My ovulation is in 04 days and my period in 13 days.. I am reall...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: hi dear good morning I fully understand your concern and will surely help you see for getting pregnant the semen containing sperms need to be put inside vagina and the sperms need to fertilise the egg which in turn should get placed in uterus. in your case since sperms were on the surface of vag...  Read Full »

What are the chances of getting pregnant three days after periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a query. I had protected intercourse 3 days after my period got over. My partner was wearing condom. He ejaculated outside me. Can i get pregnant ? When will we get pregnancy symptoms? I have heard that we will conceive only when we are ovulating? please help  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Pregnancy is possible only when you have unprotected sexual intercourse around ovulation (from 5-6days before ovulation till a day after ovulation). In a woman with cycles of 28-30 days, ovulation normally occurs on 14/15th day of cycle (day of start of menses counted as day one). From your desc...  Read Full »

Can breast pain and cramps after sexual contact mean pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOS. I had my period a month back. My periods are mostly irregular and I usually have cramps in stomach and my breasts hurt before periods not every time though. I had oral sex with my fiance yesterday, he was wearing a condom throughout but he rubbed his genitals on my vagina...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Since you have taken the emergency pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of pregnancy. These symptoms could be because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken. So relax and do not worry. However, if you have a doubt then get back to me.For more ...  Read Full »

I am late on periods for three days this month. Could I be pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor,I have regular periods (27 to 28 days). But I am late for three days this month. I am trying to conceive, could I be pregnant? I did a test on the day my periods were due, it was negative. I repeated one today, it is negative (although I did not do it with the first pee). I do not have ...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is nice to hear that you are overdue and have been trying to conceive. Symptoms of pregnancy are different person to person. It is better to have serum beta hCG (blood pregnancy test) that will clearly describe your present status of pregnancy. Urine pregnancy test n...  Read Full »