Q. Can I get pregnant if I had unprotected sex while on contraceptive pills?

Dr. Sabita Laskar

I started taking Femme-Tab ED 30/150 almost a month ago and had unprotected sex twice. Could I be pregnant, although I was asked to wait a week before I could have unprotected sex? Also, my periods are due soon. Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern.

If you are taking these pills regularly, you should not be pregnant. Since you said you are into the seven red pills, this is the time that you get your period. Once you finish the red pills, you must start the next pack. Start with the white pills regardless of which cycle day you are on, and continue this. There is a very rare possibility that you might get pregnant in the first month of starting contraceptive pills, as it is seen in rare cases that pills may fail to be effective in the first month. So usually, I advise additional methods like condoms for the first month to be doubly sure. So, to be sure, do a urine pregnancy test if you do not get your period by the time you finish your red pills.

I hope this helps

|