Q. How do I know if my vaginal bleeding is a regular period or a sign of early pregnancy?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

I am a 21-year-old female, and I have had irregular periods since my first menstrual cycle. I evaluated my cycle for the past six months and found that my period happen 14 days after every ovulation. I was due for my periods ten days ago.

I also had unprotected sex 15 days ago. Since my period was late by four days, I did a urine pregnancy test with the second urine of the day, which came back negative. I have also been experiencing gastritis. From the next day, I began to see blood on the tissue as I wiped and it had clots in it, and I was having pain similar to my period pain. Am I on my period, or is this early pregnancy?

Kindly help.

#

It is not a pregnancy. It may be a delayed cycle due to dysmenorrhoea. In the case of pregnancy, implantation bleeding will take place after two weeks of fertilization. But it will not contain clots and tissues.

The most common causes for delayed periods are stress, hormonal imbalance, hypothyroidism, and dysfunctional uterine bleeding. If you observe any breast tenderness, nausea, or giddiness, do an abdomen ultrasound and serum hCG levels test (human chorionic gonadotropin).

Take care.

Thank you so much for the response.

I feel great relief.

Thanks again.

#

Your welcome.

Take care.

|