Q. I had HCG injection 20 days before and how to confirm my pregnancy?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on Nov 09, 2019

How to confirm pregnancy? Please help.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Please get a urine pregnancy test done with an early morning urine sample to ensure that you are pregnant or not.

However, if you have a doubt then get a blood test for pregnancy done.

Do get back to me with reports so that I can guide you further.

I have given HCG 5000 IU injection before 20 days, and I have taken a urine pregnancy test today morning and it is positive. I just want to know whether I am pregnant or it is a false positive result?

Can you please tell me for how many days HCG stays in the body after taking HCG 5000 IU injection?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Usually, it stays for 72 hours.

Please wait for a week or so, and then repeat the test with an early morning urine sample.

Do get back to me with reports.

I am six weeks pregnant and have an ovarian cyst. Should I be worried?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old female. I am six weeks pregnant and have an ovarian cyst. I had light spotting this morning and doctor advised me Isolan and alternate hCG injections. I have UTI and a constant uneasiness in the uterus. My current medications are Duphaston, Ecosprin, ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes, the corpus luteal cysts are there to support the pregnancy. They dissolve over a period of time.and therefore require progesterone supplements to support the pregnancy. Follow the instructions of your doctor. She has given all necessary medicines. Take...  Read Full

I am pregnant and peeing blood. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is eight weeks pregnant and she is seeing blood during urination. Her first delivery was C-section. Our regular doctor two days ago suggested injection and medicines. Even after taking that injection and medicine, she is feeling pain in the abdomen occasionally and blood in the ur...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After having gone through the ultrasound reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), It is evident that your wife had experienced threatened abortion with separation of placenta at the lateral aspect of the gestational sac as evident from the second ul...  Read Full

My pregnant wife was recommended a gall bladder removal surgery. When can it be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 13 weeks pregnant. Though she takes Doxinate tablet once a day, she still has vomiting. Also, she often gets a stomach pain which eases in five minutes. We have discussed with the gynecologist about these issues and he had suggested a full abdominal ultrasound. In the¬†ultra...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vidya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is good that you have consulted a surgeon and arrived at a diagnosis. It is nothing to panic about. If the sludge is left behind, it can cause an obstruction and not allow the baby to ...  Read Full