Q. I had periods for three months after intercourse and missed periods this month. Am I pregnant?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Is it possible to have periods till the third month of pregnancy? I had intercourse with my partner on the seventeenth, three months back, and I had periods for three months after that at the appropriate time. But this month my period is missed. I tested with a kit after periods following the intercourse, and it was negative. Please guide me.

#

I understand your concern and will surely help you. It is a very rare situation when a female experiences period even when she is pregnant. But besides missed or delayed periods, are you experiencing any other pregnancy signs in your body like breast tenderness, fatigue, nausea, etc.? The delay in period may not be due to pregnancy, but maybe stress as 25% of females worldwide are experiencing this problem these days due to COVID and other stress triggers. are you under stress due to exams some other issues? Do you have any history of delayed or irregular periods?

Nevertheless, you can repeat a urine pregnancy test at home. Do it with the first urine of the day for an accurate result. dont drink too much water prior to the test. Adhere to all guidelines, especially related to the time of seeing the result. Please answer the questions so that I can guide you accordingly.

|