Q. I had withdrawal bleeding last month after taking Sysron but missed periods this month. Am I pregnant?

Dr. Radha Peruvemba Hariharan

I had missed my periods for two months. Five months back, I had unprotected intercourse and got my period after two days. Later missed two consecutive periods in the following two months. I did a urine test in the morning twice in both the month it was negative. In the third month doctor also checked me for a urine test. It was negative again. So she gave me Sysron 10 mg tablet for three days to get my period around the sixteenth to eighteenth of that month. Then on the twenty-second of the same month, I had protected intercourse, and on the twenty-fifth, I started getting withdrawal bleed with brown spotting for a week and had a little bleeding at the end of menses. Then again, last month, I have missed my periods. Am I pregnant or not? Can I be pregnant even after getting a withdrawal bleed? What are the chances that im pregnant? I cannot go to the hospital now because of lockdown. So I am tensed here. Now I am bloated, and the loss of scalp hair is there. What is the reason? Please help me out by giving a detailed answer because I cannot go to the hospital now. Kindly help me.

#

There is no chance of you becoming pregnant this time because the day you had SRC (sexual relationship) is not your ovulation time. Moreover, I think you have to check your hormones, especially the thyroid, as it may make your periods irregular. Also, there is one condition called PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), making your periods irregular. That can be seen by a USG (ultrasonography) of the abdomen and pelvis. Also, you have to check your CBC (complete blood count) to see if you are anemic. You can do these tests once lockdown is over. And get back to me with the results. For the time being, rest assured that you are not pregnant. I hope this was helpful.

|