Q. I have missed my period after having Meprate. Is there a chance for me to be pregnant?

and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jul 14, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 17, 2019

I have missed my period even after taking Meprate. It has been eight days now, what are the chances that I might be pregnant although I have not done penetration tests?

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Firstly, did you have had emergency pill post intercourse? Was there any menstrual irregularities before this like delayed menses and all. If you have had an emergency pill, then the likelihood is very less as these are highly effective. In this situation, since you have missed the period, pregnancy cannot be ruled out and need to do a urine pregnancy test. So get this done on an urgent basis. I hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts or more information to share.

Suppose I get the pregnancy test positive, and I correctly remember that the only date we tried sex was three months before. So even if I turn out to be pregnant, then can I get an abortion by pills?

#

Yes, certainly, up to eight weeks of pregnancy, you can undergo an abortion by medicine. Beginning of pregnancy is two weeks after the first date of the last menstrual period.

But I am not regular in my menstrual cycle. My last one was on six months before. And after that, I have not got it even once. Since I had sex three months before. So how many weeks have passed by in my pregnancy if I am pregnant?

#

Ok, then probably you may not be pregnant. Most likely, lack of period is due to the underlying problem rather than pregnancy. Even if you are pregnant, then the maximum age is around seven weeks only.

I took a pregnancy test, but it was negative. Since I took it in the evening, can I trust the result?

#

It is reliable, that there is no circadian pattern so you can test at any time. You should repeat it, to be more sure.

My pregnant wife was recommended a gall bladder removal surgery. When can it be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 13 weeks pregnant. Though she takes Doxinate tablet once a day, she still has vomiting. Also, she often gets a stomach pain which eases in five minutes. We have discussed with the gynecologist about these issues and he had suggested a full abdominal ultrasound. In the ultra...  Read Full »

How effective Meprate in preventing pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend is a virgin and we were intimate on two consecutive days last month. During that time, her periods were delayed by two weeks. I was careful not to ejaculate anywhere near her vagina nor was it knowingly in contact with my penis. She waited for another 10 days and since she d...  Read Full »

Though my pregnancy test is negative, I miss my period. What to do now?

Query: Hello doctor, I have missed periods and a negative pregnancy test. Should I wait for another test? I tested three days back. The last LMP date was exactly a month back. This is related to my wife.  Read Full »