Q. I took ECP after 42 hours of intercourse on the 10th day. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?

Hello SIr,
After finishing 1 pack of combination pill(21 Tablets) I forgot to start another pack on 8th day,So I started new pack from 10th day,We had intercourse in 10th day and I took ECP(Unwanted 72) after 42 hours of intercourse,Is thre any Chance of getting Pregnent?  

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
# Hello,
How are you doing?
Hope you & your loved ones are safe and healthy.
From your history I can say that you have no chance of pregnancy at all.
Points in favour of my saying so are -
1. Usually a lady's ovulation occurs 14 days prior to the period. So average of 13-18 th day of period is highest chance of pregnancy. Life of sperms is around 72 hrs or 3 days. So there's no chance of sperms of 10th day surviving till ovulation day.
2. Your sexual contact was before ovulation, so inner lining of endometrium is still unfavorable, to add on to the unfavorablity of endometrium lining you have taken emergency pills. So you should be having your periods within 7-10 days after the pills.
3. Birth control pills or 21 pills,act by preventing ovulation. It is best to start the new packet within the first 5 days of period. Since you have already started the new packet on Day 10 this cycle's ovulation will be blocked.
If I may advise continue the pills & from next period start next packet from day 1-5.
Hope I have clarified your query. Do write back if any more queries & for your feedback
All the best, take care

| 

If I had unprotected sex after missing birth control pill, could I be pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I accidentally missed one birth control pill. I have been on Levlen for many years, and this has never happened before. I did not realize until the next night the one from the day before was there, so I took both pills together. I had unprotected sex with my partner a day later, I hav...  Read Full »

My pregnant wife was recommended a gall bladder removal surgery. When can it be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 13 weeks pregnant. Though she takes Doxinate tablet once a day, she still has vomiting. Also, she often gets a stomach pain which eases in five minutes. We have discussed with the gynecologist about these issues and he had suggested a full abdominal ultrasound. In the ultra...  Read Full »

I did not have periods for four months and bleeding now with clots. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had sex before five months, but then I got my periods after 15 days. Then, I had no periods for the next four months. I had Femilon as a birth control medicine. Now, I have periods where large flesh like thing is coming out. A piece of it is still stuck in my vagina, and I am not able ...  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now