Q. My partner accidentally ejaculated on my stomach. Am I pregnant?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 26, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 20, 2020

I am a 25-year-old female, weigh 67 kg, and height is 5'4". I am not sexually active but on the fourth day of my period, I and my partner were feeling each other and he accidentally ejaculated on me. The semen landed on the side of my stomach and front of my thighs. I do not remember if it went near my vagina. I was wearing a sanitary napkin at the time though and was fully clothed with jeans. Because I had my doubts I had an emergency contraceptive pill within 48 to 72 hours and am on birth control (having since five to six months because of PCOD). I started the pill on the same day of the incident.

Is there a possibility of me getting pregnant? As I am taking birth control pills and had the emergency pill, will my period be delayed? How soon can I get tested for pregnancy?

General Medicine Internal Medicine Rheumatology
#

I went through your post. Firstly, he had not ejaculated inside you which means you cannot become pregnant because of that. On top of that, you have used emergency contraceptive which has a success rate of 99 %. There is no possibility of you getting pregnant with that episode.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Thank you for your prompt reply. It allayed my fears. Due to the emergency contraceptive and birth control pills, will my menstrual cycle be delayed or cycle be disturbed this month?

#

Yes, the I-pill alters the hormonal balance and may delay or prepone periods by a maximum of one week and if you have started birth control pills you will get only withdrawal bleeding and not the normally expected date periods.

| 

I know the possibility is nil of me conceiving but what will be the symptoms of pregnancy I should be aware of? And just to be 100 % sure, when can I test for pregnancy using a home kit?

#

You can test for pregnancy after 10 days of delay in periods and the first symptoms which usually is nonspecific of pregnancy are increased frequency of urination and nausea.

|