Q. My partner fingered me after ejaculating in his hands. Will I get pregnant?

Dr. Reetika Joshi
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 23, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 12, 2020

I was fingered a while after my boyfriend ejaculated on his hands after a handjob. Can I get pregnant?

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I fully understand your concern and will surely help you.

See for getting pregnant the semen containing sperm has to be put inside the vagina or on its surface. The sperm has to travel inside up to the egg and then fertilize it for conceiving.

Since he has not ejaculated inside you and as you have said he ejaculated on his hands and then fingered you, I would like to tell you that sperms do not live longer in the open air and they just survive for around 5 minutes maximum depending upon conditions like temperature, humidity, etc. So 99% you should not be pregnant if he has not put his semen inside your vagina. However, I think you would not like to take a chance and if it is less then 72 hours post this activity then take an emergency contraceptive pill like Unwanted 72.

Also, pregnancy up to a certain extent depends upon ovulation, day of the menstrual cycle, etc., and if you were not ovulating it further reduces any chance of pregnancy.

|