Q. What are the chances of pregnancy if a female has unprotected sex five days before her period?

Dr. Natasha Bansal
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 17, 2022 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2022

We had unprotected sex five days before my partner's period. Her period has got delayed. We tried the pull-out method, and now we are not sure if she is pregnant.

#

Five days before expected periods is a safe time as this is not the time of ovulation, and pregnancy chances are very low during this time. Also, if there was no ejaculation, the chances of pregnancy reduces to almost zero. Yes, but to be sure, I suggest she undergo a pregnancy test as periods are delayed. There is no other method to know about pregnancy. So, take the pregnancy test if periods are delayed beyond a week.

|