Q. What is the reason for the dark red or brown spotting after my periods?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

I took a morning-after pill a week ago because the condom tore. I have taken the pill before without any side effects, but this time I noticed light spotting and bleeding. I was not ovulating when I took the pill and was just done with my period. It has been bleeding for a day, and I see brown or dark red spots. I am concerned if this is a sign of pregnancy or something that will require treatment. Please tell me what exactly could have gone wrong.

#

I can understand your concern. In your case, menstrual irregularities might be due to hormonal imbalance caused by an I-pill (Levonorgestrel). There is almost no chance of pregnancy because you took I-pill on time. So, I suggest you get a urine pregnancy test done after seven days of your missed period date and wait for your periods,

|