Amblyopic

I cannot read the fourth line on the eye test chart. Is my condition amblyopia ?

Query: Hello doctor,I have done my eye test. During the test, I cannot read the fourth line of letters even with the lenses they provide. All the lenses I have tried. Is it serious? What is the problem? I am very tensed.  Read Full »

Dr. Thilanka Kashyapa Perera

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In order to answer you, I need little more details. Have you been using glasses? Are you unable to read the fourth line with both of your eyes or only from one eye? What is the correction you were given for 6/18 line, I mean the prescription of glasses? How did you no...  Read Full »

Exotropia squint in the right eye, Is LASIK and squint surgery Recommended?

Query: Hello doctor,I have an exotropia squint in my right eye from the last 10 to 12 years. Presently I have a very low vision in that eye and near and far vision is blurry. I consulted an ophthalmologist and he recommended a LASIK surgery and after that a squint correction surgery a month later. Should...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You can proceed with the LASIK surgery and the squint correction as advised but please keep the following in mind: Your right eye is amblyopic (lazy eye). So, the vision even after a LA...  Read Full »

Will it be harmful if I use the glass power of the normal eye for lazy eye?

Query: Hi doctor, I had cataract operation four months ago. My left eye vision has improved from +5.0 to +2.5 with glasses. My right eye vision is +7.0. My right eye is a lazy eye, which my brain does not use. I only look through my left eye. Since I do not use this right eye, can I make the right lens of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your one eye is amblyopic, so vision will not improve with any lens power. Yes, you can use glasses of same power (+2.5 D) in both the eyes. This will not have any harmful effect on your eyes. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> h...  Read Full »

Having Lazy eye with vision problem. How can the vision be improved?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 30 years old and is having Lazy eye with vision problem, in her left eye. It is not squint. The other eye is having normal vision. How can the vision be improved?  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Onkar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lazy eye, without squint could lead to the following possibilities: 1. Amblyopia. 2.Retinal problem. 3. Neurological problem. I would advice you to: Take an ophthalmic consultation with full ophthalmic examination. Refraction test. Fundus examination. ...  Read Full »

What would you recommend for amblyopic eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old male and I have some questions about my eyesight. I have amblyopia and strabismus. When I was born, I was almost blind in my left eye around 20/200. My eye doctor made me wear glasses and patch my right eye until I was about 6. As I absolutely hated the patching I wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have explained everything very well. Whenever there is a difference in refractive status of more than 1 diopter between two eyes, there is a chance of amblyopia (lazy eye) when the brain starts ignoring the blurry eye. I think your eye doctor has done a great job that...  Read Full »